Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 881 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Silver MX6 in Nothern Ireland. Was going to fast to get the plate and was away the time we got away from the lights

·
Registered
982 Posts
Passed another silver one on my way home from buying the car in Rayleigh Essex, guy looked very shocked and did the sideways head thing at me when I passed. Tried to flash him but squirted my windscreen instead (not used to having stalks other way round yet). Then parked up behind a dark blue P reg with 6 spoke alloys at the Cafe in Hullbridge Yesterday. Sat outside having my full English but the owner hadn't returned by the time I'd finished stuffing my face !!

·
Registered
900 Posts
MX6TT said:
Tried to flash him but squirted my windscreen instead
I do that all the time mate, and I've had the 6 for nearly 2 yrs now!

I have seen loads this weekend!

A red N reg in Camberley - Flyered

A red P reg about 5 doors down from my house - Flyered

A silver N reg in Wooton on the Isle of Wight - Was in my dads car with no flyers, but he's going to put one on it when he goes past next!

Oh, and anyone who watched Casualty on Sat night might have noticed the black MX6 which the ambulance swerved to avoid when the gut with the gun was in the back...

W

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Went for my run last night as usual and it was MX6/probe city. Was there a meet we were not aware of? I passed 3 black 6s, none which I recognised from Bournemouth. One I think was a J-spec, one was unusual as it had a single small bore exhaust, but sounded like a bag of nails..lol, this one also had a large rear spoiler ( alfa 156 style) wierd. I only run 4 miles so all were in the space of half an hour or so, the latter 6 was being followed by two probes, possible connection there i think. Ah those probes, all those lovely spares, travelling sparesmen, but they dont stand still long enough to get your spanners out at them.

Naturally I didnt flash or wave, as I couldnt flash and runners waving at drivers is normally greeted with something rude, especially from MX6 drivers..lol:flipa:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Saw a cream coloured L reg 6 going around a roundabout in Hythe at about lunchtime today (near the Langdown Lawn ghetto, where I live).

My next door neighbour went to the tip today and saw a black one parked up in full rubbish disgorge mode.

Maybe someone's breeding them.

regards,

Ian Chequer

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
I couldnt flash and runners waving at drivers is normally greeted with something rude, especially from MX6 drivers..lol

u need to make sure u have your MX6.COM sticker on marty(grin).

saw a K plate black MX6 in my r/v mirror as i drove thru boxmore on friday a/noon, waved but was ignored. then went round sharons to see if she fancied japfest, parked in front of her 6 so was rewarded with the sight of two P plate black 6's together, wish i had a camera handy would have made a good piccie.

Mike

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Ian there is every chance that was moi :) :D
Did it have tinted windows and grey coloured alloys? Iam sure it was hyth i was in, on the way to dibbden perlou? Was it you in the 6 coming out of the junction as i was going into waterrise road or drive round the roundabout? if not then it was a different 6er i saw :)

Stu

·
Registered
654 Posts
Marc spotted a six in Crail, and it WON best Mazda :) I think it was a black one

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Kimberley,
I am shocked, hurt, and disgusted......................that there is another black MX6 in Scotland!!!!!!!!
And mine is even clean!!!
Looks like I will have to take Andy's advice, and get up to Crail.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
that was me

Stuart, it all fits. I think that must have been you. You were going round the roundabout into Whitewater Rise. I was waiting at the end of Mullin's Lane. If it was me it was a red 6 with standard wheels and private plates.

PM me if you're in the area again and we could meet up.

regards,

Ian Chequer

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Yep that was me and you mate :) nice to meet you even if brief :D.

Saw a maroon 6 in Reading last nite :) as me, Willr , Mike, pam and wolfie etc were sitting down munching on burgers a 6 pulled into the mc donalds drive through :D
No one would run and give him a flyer :)I take it was not a newbie that was coming to the meet and never saw all the jap cars there :)

Stu

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
hooray I've been spotted

Nice to meet you too Stu.

If you're meeting up any time soon let me know and I'll try and wander up.

Alternatively there is a good burger bar in Hythe which sort of makes up for the total lack of any decent pubs.

regards,

Ian C

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I did it!!! Finally spotted another :jump:, and it was about 1/2 a mile from my house. I was going to get my tracking done this afternoon and there it was, coming towards me. A nice looking shiny red one on an M plate.

I knew I couldn't be alone, there had to be another somewhere :wave:

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #96 (Edited)
Spotted three - yes three MX6s today.

Two reds, one with a couple of youngish guys in and a "MAZxxxx" plate (IanFC?). The other had an older chap who didn't acknowledge the flash of lights. Both near Branksome.

And I was just about to turn into my road when I spotted a white 6 with very tinted windows coming the other way. I waved, but couldn't see if they/he/she acknowledged 'cos the windows were so dark! I know it wasn't Stu because I texted him to see if he was in the area. :)

It would have been 4, but Marty was out when I called earlier (now worries Marty, I was just in that area).

Ken

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
not me this time

I'm afraid I'm not MAZxxxx so that 6 wasn't me.

But I'll keep looking.

regards,

Ian Chequer
Four Triple Two

·
Registered
152 Posts
spotted 2 other 6 today... mad ... must be the weather. bringing out all da six.

a Black one on Finchley Road M170 ...

a Red one... near canary warf...

2 May

whoa....

nelson

81 - 100 of 881 Posts