Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am expreriencing this issue:

everytime in the morning when its really cold...I turn car on and idle rises to 3000 rpm and for 20secs it is running and then idle falls and turns off.
I turn mx6 on again and car will stay on. When mx6 is warm, it turns on fine.
So basically this cold weather is causing the car not to turn on on the first time but the second time once engine has warmed up a bit.

Any suggestions what might be causing this and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no engline light illuminated. I do have aftermarket cold air intake though and not sure if it would be causing this.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
no that should not be causing the problem.

I take it the car will stay running if you catch it and keep some gas on ? and then as it warms its stays running ? if so what does it idle at when warming up and does it tick over smooth or hunt ?

Has it just started doing this ? or since you did the CAI ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when engine warmed up a bit from very cold weather its stays on. Problem ongoing for awhile now and started before CAI. Idles at around 1000rpm smooth. Sometimes when idling, ticker moves up and down smoothly just a little bit not mega jumps.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Ok .. well your idle speed is not correct, and its hunting. So you need to check for vacuum leaks, especially around the intake elbow. Once running, use some carb cleaner and spray around air intake pipes and see if there is a change in engine speed, you should also be able to hear a hissing noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts