Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering if you guys think that a MX6 can beat a Hatchback Si... the hatchback has exhaust and intake in it.. and that's all, but the hatchback is light so i was just wondering if you guys think that a V6 MX6 can beat it....

·
Registered
160 Posts
is your car stock? 5spd?
is the SI 5spd also?
either way u probably will have a chance to beat him, but itll be close i think. if u have some basic mods, u will kill him provided that u have 5spd.

G

·
definitely burn a hatch SI

I was at the runs last friday night.. here in SD.. for y'all who know at "FIREHOUSE".. all i have is exhaust, custom CAI, with weapon R FILTER, PLAT +4 plugs and NGK wires.. i beat a hatchback SI with mods off the line.. and beat it with about1-2 car lengths.. i talked to the guy after he had AEM CAI, GREDDY EXHAUST and a vtec controller.. that's about it.. but i beat it anyways.. so i think we can beat them.. it depends on the driver too, i guess.. cuz i got a good take off.. cuz of my torque.. and i guess he juss never caught up...

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
if you put a gsr motor in those, which a lot of people do, then they are faster. They weigh about as much a a paper clip and with gsr hp and torque, they are good to go. But they are still ugly!!!

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
You can beat those no problem. i do believe that hatcchback si only came in 1992-1995 version and the one before that one. That comes with 1.6L 4-CYL 125 hp FWD. Their curb weight is 2,326 lbs, just about 500 lbs less then ours. But that shouldn't be a factor.

Side note:EX-125hp;DX,LX-102hp;cx-92hp;vx-a measly 70hp.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Hatchback is a 5 speed manual and so is my... but the thing i'm worrying about is the weight of the car... someone people say that it can really flys cause it's really light... it doesn't have a gsr motor or anything like that in it... it's just stock except of the intake and the exhaust...

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yeah...kick the jelly beans ass...LOL

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Don't worry man u got 164 hp he has 125 hp. The weight won't matter if you have that much more hp. And their torque is not as high as our 160 lbs/ft.They probably only have 120 torque or somethin. You can beat it. I beat it with my v6 last week. But watch out those small commuter cars are a titan in the aftermarket. Tuning is especially easier and cheap. He might have some things changed that u can't see unless u looked under the hood carefully.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts