Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, ive got a MX6 V6 Gen 2, my mate has a TVR (Wedge Shaped 1984 model) 350se?

He has challanged me for a race, my car is real tight an all, but do I stand a chance? both cars are manual shift?

I launch at the redline and have killed many other hot cars? am I gonna be able to kick his ass?

·
Registered
108 Posts
good luck, but most TVR's are damn quick... go for it and let us know how you do. as long as your ownership or something stupid is on the line. have fun!

cheers,

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I did it. Raced Sat night.
Now I dont know if this counts as a kill or not, technically its not, but im not gonna tell my mate with the TVR that.

Ok, we lined up, im running next to nil in my tank and have left things like my spare wheel and jack at home, anything to give my car a slight edge.
Lights go green, a I punch it, the TVR just lights up and storms ahead by about a car, really did sit down and F. off. But then he misses 2nd! I make a perfect change and pass him, pulled about 5-6 car lenghs on him by this point. he then must've got the gear he wants an I see him twitched in the rear mirror as he puts down to much power and lights up the rears. Finally he must've gain traction and starts to real me in. by this point im up into 3rd pulling over 60 close to 70 when we reach the end race marker point. I crossed it first, but with only about 1/2 a car length.
As I said, beat him, but I dont think it was on car perfomance. that 350se can really shift. Guess its cause its old (1984) and the gear box is'nt as tight as it should be. Also he was a little over heavy on his right foot when he did get the gear..

Fun though, wont race him again as its more fun to watch his face every time I tell everyone I beat him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts