Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so my friend has a 1999 1/2 golf vr6 all stock thinks he can beat my mx6 what you think?

look at my thing below thats what i got done to mine

Reactions: guitardude1568

·
Registered
419 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
vr6's arent really that special......what are they like 170 hp at the crank?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
how much does the vr6 weigh?

I used to not think a few 100lbs made a diff... but it does...

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
im not sure about the vr6 but the 1999.5 vw golf TDI weighs 2791 stock. The vr6 is nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
im not sure about the vr6 but the 1999.5 vw golf TDI weighs 2791 stock. The vr6 is nothing to worry about.
yeah, I doubt no issues then... Just make sure to not to miss any gears! Make it that much more fun!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
k i think that my ze would win. His car goes good but he is stock except for the magnaflow exhuast he just put on today. i will let you guys know how it goes when i race him hope fully its in my favor loli was thinking like a 45 mph roll on high way then a dead start race also? what you guys think?

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
how about a 40 roll and you give him a 3 car lead?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well my car pulls really hard at 45 mph roll and i put it in second lol but you think i should give him lenghts? think i really got him that good?

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
well i dont think your car is as fast as my friends klze tuned with megasquirt. I believe he ran a 14.5 1/4 mile i believe. He barely pulls on me up around 100 from like 40. I own a 1st gen running 14-15 psi (some minor problems also). Im sorry but i never liked volkswagens and still dont. They pretty much come stock with the check engine light on.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
wtf is with all the bench racing? srsly.

also, what's up with the z0mg a ZE you muuuuuuuuurduh him?

with those engine/bolt on mods you did, you canceled them out with your "full stereo system".

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Unless your ZE sucks then you should be able to walk him. Stock 2G is a good run for a stock VR6. Do it and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
zach, my sound system is just after market speekers, dvd head unit, and a 10 inch sub. i have like 10 extra pounds. my fly wheel alone takes care of that but i am not on here to argue about that just wanted some input on what people thought. also since you mentioned "mafatato15" about megasquirt do they work that good if so i may buy one?

·
Registered
79 Posts
:V VR6. Lol yeah 172 Hp to the crank. The transmissions are worst than the engines. :tup:
idk about 99.5 but a 03 jetta vr6 has 200hp. my 03 jetta with a 1.8t has 180hp. but you should be able to take him. vw are pretty heavy though.

·
Registered
213 Posts
for the record... at least here in canada, there are 2 vr6's... the older 12 v and the newer 24 v... not sure of the specs but i think its somewhere around the 172 mark and the 198 mark (respectivly)

Personally i LOVE the VR6.. not as much as my ZE... but that motor sounds DELICIOUS with an exhaust... if i get a VW its definatly going to be a VR

i think he'll be running the 24v... so it should be pretty close to the 200 area.

and for the record, my buddy runs mid 15's in his 92 Passat Wagon with the vr swap. mind you he put a euro IM and has full exhaust... but its still a WAGON... lol.. so it should be an interesting race... do it up and let us know...

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
03 jetta weighs over 3100lbs stock with the vr6......

I have no respect for volkswagens just because my friend has had a couple and they have been nothing but junk. Im not saying they cant be fast, because any car can be with the right amount of money but i would never buy one.

oh and for the person that asked about megasquirt. My friend with the klze used to be turbo, thats why he had megasquirt. He took the turbo stuff out because he was tired of breaking trannies but he left it hooked up and tuned it n/a. I'd say it still helped to fine tune it even with n/a because he was pretty quick.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i finally raced my first vr6 i was driving down the road with my girlfriend in the car and saw a golf vr6 with an exhuast and i was like hmmm lets check it out so i pulled side of him and when i wasnt looking my girlfriend said he laughed at me so i was like oh really and it just so happened that we were side by side at a red light so i reved up and he did to and my gf was like can u beat him and i was like we will find out. when the light turned green i burned out alot but still stayed side by side then 2end gear i started getting ahead a lil bit then 3rd i really started getting like 8 car lenghts on him then he just stoped haha so yeah i won and it was like a 2000 vr6 that body style

·
Registered
605 Posts
my nephew has the 1.8T gti, when he first got it, I took it for a spin expecting to be impressed...
needless to say, I wasnt by any means.
so we lined them up on a back road that has no side streets (basically a construction route) and to 100 I beat him all to hell and back, easily 8 car lengths, this was my previous 2g completely stock at the time.

I really rode him hard about it, since he just dropped $17k for the car, while I paid $1500.o for my 6.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I love the VW hate in this thread and 100% lack of knowledge. LOL

1 - 20 of 27 Posts