Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as I know the guy has 285rwhp&300ftlbs @ 19 psi. Its the 1st gen 300Z I think (86ish??)

He claimed that the Mx6 had 400+hp but we all know that the stock engine cant make that power. It must have been an FE3 although Ive never heard a FE3 sound like that. I think it was the F2T??

http://tboz.no-ip.com:10000/ZMoviez/OneSickZ's Movies/myZX_400+HP.MX-6.wmv

This is not me:D

·
Registered
1,719 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
that was super cool. Doubt it was a 400hp fe3 though, guy was probably talking smack, and the shifts were at pretty low rpm, a la f2t.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I remember seeing this video ahwile back, but whoever posted it said it wasn't a 300zx, but a different car. :confused:

Good race though, the 6 kept up fine.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its an old 300ZX. I can tell because they way they sound running open downpipe. Also theres a sh!t load of videos on that guys site and there all with him or 300Z's. The car looks like total sh!t

The thing that got me is you can hear the Mx6 reving high as hell and then he droped the clutch in 2nd. If any of you were woundering what my car sounds like, well like that.

You can also see when he goes into 4th (strongest gear) he kinda pulls up and then that damn power drop off goes. You can actually tell where the power drop off is in all the gears.

I love the way hes bouncing around, he must have Intrax springs8D
Thats exactly what my car did when I was in the 100+mph

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
neither one of them was pushign the power claimed.. :shrug:

i notice a lot of people put "VS 320HP GEO METRO" and crap like that because they feel the need to explain why their own car only barely kept ahead, etc...

im betting the z was close to stock and the 6 a normally tweaked f2t :shrug:

·
Registered
90 Posts
mx6GT91 said:
As far as I know the guy has 285rwhp&300ftlbs @ 19 psi. Its the 1st gen 300Z I think (86ish??)

He claimed that the Mx6 had 400+hp but we all know that the stock engine cant make that power. It must have been an FE3 although Ive never heard a FE3 sound like that. I think it was the F2T??

The turbo coming from the mx6 sounds very nice.

http://www.racingmazda.com/kits/mx6/x-88.html <----turbo kit for the F2T that is able to boost the car up to 400whp(which would make it run 12s even w/o internal mods).

But I swear that can't be a 400hp MX-6, it just didn't seem like it. The guy in the 300z probaby made up that number just to make himself feel better that a lightly-tuned mx-6 can hang with his 285rwhp&300ftlbs @ 19 psi car. :)

·
Registered
658 Posts
My boy from jersey has a 94 300zx TT and hes pushing over 400 hourses. I do not know a great deal about turbos and stuff but i know he had both of them replaced and upgraded. That car can do doungnuts like nuthing and let me tell you. I have never been in a faster car. I have seen him race bikes( motorcycles) and the guys on the bikes just look at his his car like "huh, hes still there".

He has told me that the fastest he got it up to was 175mph and that was on highway 87 here in nyc.

He takes great pride in his car and treats it very well. Here is his little site for his car. This site is old and i think it was made before he upgraded his turbos, not really 100% sure.

http://www.z32.20m.com/

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
mx6GT91 said:
I love the way hes bouncing around, he must have Intrax springs8D
Thats exactly what my car did when I was in the 100+mph
I coudn't believe that. It's dropped but still soft as a grape. That was ridiculous bounce.:freak:

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The turbo coming from the mx6 sounds very nice.
Thats the 300"ZX" Its running open downpipe like me. Im actually running open turbo. It sounds like a semi. You can hear the turbo spooling and when I slow down. When I boost its a ear blasting rush of air. hehe

He posted that he was running stock turbo and fuel, so hes not making 285hp. Thats what what he has now.

·
Registered
848 Posts
SixSick6 said:
wtf kind of car went flying by both of them in the beginning?
I've tried to identify it in slow mo several time's, but it's immposible (for me) to tell:shrug:

I don't see why you really care:confused:

Chances are it was probably a Civic:lol:

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The only reason why is because they slowed down to about 20mph. Hes got to be going about 55-65mph

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Heres all his vids. The others take a long time to download and most dont even work for me at least.

The video of the Mx6 is in the top folder that says "OneSickZ's Movies/ "

There isnt anymore vids of the Mx6 I dont think

http://tboz.no-ip.com:10000/ZMoviez/

1 - 20 of 22 Posts