Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do our cars compare to the celica?

Can ours hold their own to the new celicas (the ones with the ugly looking headlights)?

`jjj

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
heh

2000 GT 140hp
2000 GTS 180 w/vvtl=i

you would beat the GT no prob
but the gts should give you a good run for your money :)

lates

·
Registered
352 Posts
Celica GT
Horsepower RPM [email protected]
Torque RPM [email protected]
Compression ratio 10.0:1
0-to-60 Speed 10 seconds
1/4-Mile Acceleration No Data
Top Speed 118 mph
Braking Distance 114 ft
Curb Weight 2,425 lbs

Celica GTS
Horsepower RPM [email protected]
Torque RPM [email protected]
Compression ratio 11.5:1
0-to-60 Speed 7 seconds
1/4-Mile Acceleration No Data
Top Speed 131 mph
Braking Distance 114 ft
Curb Weight 2,500 lbs

Too bad I couldn't find the quater mile times, but it doesn't look like the GTS has too much of an advantage over the 6. Hard to tell though, those 0-60 times look estimated to me.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
those GTS are like Type R integras. You can hang but you can't win unless you have mods to your car. The good news is that a GTS can't be turbocharged very well... the compression ratio is way to high.

·
Registered
160 Posts
we also have to realize they're about 400LBS lighter than our cars too, meaning if we were that light, we would have about 20-25HP added to stock.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Alright, so I am looking at this girls Celica GTS and I made a comment about the fact that it was an automatic. So she went on this whole thing about how fast her car was, that it had 180 hp, blah, blah, and that it would smoke my car. She didn't even know what I drove, for all she knew I could be rolling around in a McLaren. But anyway she challenged me to a race, or I challenged her (I forgot which). Since it was raining quite a bit out, we decided we'd race when the roads are dry.
I drive a '93, v6, MTX with no real performance mods exept for the tires. I believe that while it would be close a GTS manual would beat me, but I don't think with an auto it will stand a chance. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
yo jeff man hows it going??? its been a week since my teeth thing lol still hurts though

yo did u here wut happened??? some guy seen my car lol and he wanted to copy it lol ppl on probetalk cussed him [email protected]

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
chicks and celicas

Dude, You should be able to beat her man, as long as your shifting is REALLY good,.. if just got it and shit.. she probably wont be able to drive it good enough to hang wit you...
just keep the shifting tight ! :) :)

mazda-kid: yeah I seen dat,. Dont knoe what to think though..

lates :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
According to the girls friend she'll be back in town on Monday. I hear they do drag racing down at this small airport near me on Sundays, I'm thinking about taking it down there. They don't time you there though, which sucks but at least its legal there. Street race or drag race, either way I'll let everone know how it goes.

Big Skinny, Stroudsburg is in the Poconos off route 80 right before the Del. Water Gap.

G

·
0 Posts
Last time I raced a Celica GT-S I beat it- and it was closer to the back of my car than an MX-6 is........SO I would have to go with the Celica....... ALSO- Look at their magazine times:

Mazda MX-6 V6
0-60: 7.6 seconds
1/4 mile: 15.7

Celica GT-S
0-60: 6.9seconds
1/4 mile: 15.1 seconds

THE CELICA SHOULD WIN. BE CAREFUL AND DON'T MESS UP THE LAUNCH.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
who? prelude? He's a cool guy. Every board i'm sure has an antagonist and he's ours... i love to hate him... just kidding prelude. Give the guy a break... b/c some of us myself excluded take this car stuff way too seriously. And actually the first post I ever read of his, someone started flaming w/o any provocation.

·
Registered
212 Posts
lol..well i see....then sorry guys:D have you seen the pt post though??!! hehehe i just like to read stuff like that where everybodys like backing their statements with stats and just kinda bullying each other its fun!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
hehehe take it easy dude! i was kiddin didnt know you were a regular here so!! i just had so much fun reading the pt post i thought id start another!! chill

1 - 20 of 40 Posts