Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Raced my friends GTO today.

I have CAI, headers, 65mm throttle body, throttle coolant bypass, and no resonator for my exhaust.

I think his is an '05. He has headers, highflow cat and a catback, dont remember what else. It is also an ls2.

Had him off the line, and then once i was shifting into 3rd he passed me. Not bad considering he has 400 hp.

And i did this with my system and a full tank of gas

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Sound like he spun hard ;) nice job!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol yeah he has a little trouble getting traction. Last month when he went to the track his best 60ft was 2.3 and his best time was 14.1 at 100.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Pontiac GTO?

If so I got smashed by one of our Aussie models a while back. Sounded great as he flew off though :).

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep a pontiac gto. The only reason i did as good as i did is because he cant drive. Once i finish installing all my turbo stuff im gonna race him again and i should have him as long as i can get traction.

Did you get beat before or after you were boosted?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I kept pace with one today before I started stuttering at 12psi :D

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Did you get beat before or after you were boosted?
Both!! :D. When my (now dead) engine was in good shape too. Wasnt modified other then header,s exhaust, coz at idle it wasnt too loud, but once he got on it was like the world was coming to an end.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My friend likes to take off his cat back sometimes and drive around without it and it is unbelievably loud. I will be walking in the parking lot out to my car and he will rev it up and it is crazy.

Once im boosted i should take him just cuz he cant drive, if he was good he would have me no doubt.

·
Registered
752 Posts
i didnt know they had the LS2's in them in 05 i thought they still had the LS1 like ours did. I do like the LS1 motor My unlce has the 4 door version of the GTO with a cam, zorst, tune and spray it does low 11's

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah his is an ls2 heres exactly what is done to it

2005 CGM GTO M6
SLP 1 3/4" LT's, Borla Catback, AEM CAI, Predator tune.

·
Registered
2 Posts
lol yeah he has a little trouble getting traction. Last month when he went to the track his best 60ft was 2.3 and his best time was 14.1 at 100.
ouch. sounds like your friend needs some practice.

I've got a gto and a probe gt... i wouldn't even want to race a gto in my probe if the gto started in 3rd..

my best time in my stock gto (exhaust only) is 13.1 @ 103.79 and thats with a slight bog and the clutch slipping in first.
I recently ran at the track with all season tires and ran a 13.3 spinning a tad in first, spinning the 2-3 shift, and spinning the 3-4 shift.
I plan on running some drag radials next season and should hit 12's for sure.

Good race non-the less....when its all in good fun, it doesn't matter who wins

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah he could use some lol.

I wasnt expecting to win i knew once he got traction it wouldnt be a problem for him, i just wanted to stay in front of him for as long as possible and id say until 3rd gear isnt too bad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts