Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all

well i have to admit, being in WillR's car on Sunday with it fully loaded i was still impressed with the pull and torque that V6 really puts out

have to say it must be pretty quick with in gear acceleration

i think off the line the Ibiza may win, but on the road and in gear acceleration, i would say they are identical

so full respect to the speed of the MX6

Although i would still beat ya! ha ha ha :)

maybe a little bet could be placed untill Trax next year on the 0-60 strip!!}) :D

anyone wanna have a go against the Ibiza? muhahahaha:cool: :p

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Yeah maybe but you lose on the bends every time...

:D ;)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mx6-uk said:

:D ;)
i would doubt that, i would say both cars as standard are not exactly great at cornering bends at high speed, i would put them as pretty much equal!!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Tone you wait till trax and mark 626 turns up :) we will see who wins a 0-60 time the ibiza or marks 626 :)

Stu
(hmmmmmmm nos) :D

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
StuartMX6 said:
Tone you wait till trax and mark 626 turns up :) we will see who wins a 0-60 time the ibiza or marks 626 :)

Stu
(hmmmmmmm nos) :D
yeah but i meant as standard mate

of course he would win with NOS!! I mean who wouldn't! LOL!!!:D ;) :p

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Tony...

!!!
of course he would win with NOS!!
So if NOS isnt allowed - Then take off your Turbo - ! Then well see the real (lack) of power from your mota.

As usual your comparisions are without a common ground... your comparing engines from two different Decands !! In two different markets.

Ones a Sports tourer the others a raced up super mini - Dont get me wrong i like the new range of Seat's but comparisions are limited to ... 4 wheels...

Comparisions are useful for people looking at the same age car, for the same sort of money, eg MX6, Prelude, 200sx ....
At the same time as the MX6 was released Seat came out with there 115 bhp 2.0ltr engine managing a laughable 10.3 0-60 now if you wanna use that as a comparison feel free :)

G

·
Registered
359 Posts
I doubt it mate.. bananas are pretty good on bends! @- @- @-

Having only been in a seat once (in Spain) I can't really comment.

·
Registered
900 Posts
So if NOS isnt allowed - Then take off your Turbo - ! Then well see the real (lack) of power from your mota.
G,

If thats your theory, then surely it would only be a comparison if he put a 2.5 V6 in the Seat, It's designed with a turbo, so you can't suddenly say "it would be slow without a turbo" coz that's why it has one...

Evey car is compared to every other car, thats why we have standard measurement devices, ie BHP, torque etc...

Will

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Willr said:
G,

If thats your theory, then surely it would only be a comparison if he put a 2.5 V6 in the Seat, It's designed with a turbo, so you can't suddenly say "it would be slow without a turbo" coz that's why it has one...

Evey car is compared to every other car, thats why we have standard measurement devices, ie BHP, torque etc...

Will
Cheers Will

that has to be one of the dumbest comments i have ever seen!!! well if we can't have NOS then you take off your turbo!!

the Ibiza as standard comes with a Turbo and the MX6 does not come with NOS as standard

if you feel you have to put NOS on your car to compare with performance etc, then its not a fair comparison!! as then your car is heavily modified and mine would still be standard!!

i am only merely comparing the 2 cars as STANDARD because they both put out almost exactly the same figures BHP and Lbft etc so thats why i am putting forward the comparison of both cars would be pretty much the same!!

just the Ibiza is a bit lighter

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
G-Force i noticed you are from Surrey mate, whereabouts in Surery are you from?

i am from Weybridge in Surrey, if you are near me, i might have seen you about as i have seen a few 6's up and around the area.

:D :) ;)

·
Registered
757 Posts
So maybe mine has the same BHP per ton as yours, maybe not, but if it did wouldn't that make it fair to compare?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mark 626GT said:
So maybe mine has the same BHP per ton as yours, maybe not, but if it did wouldn't that make it fair to compare?
anyone know the kerb weight of the Mx6

mine is if you work it out

156BHP standard (usually puts out 170BHP as standard!) but on paper anyway!

so weight of the ibiza is 1119KG

so that is 156 divided by1119KG X 1000= 139BHP/Tonne

i know the Mazda Mx6 is 165BHP standard (correct me if i am wrong) but what is the kurb weight?

swings and roundabouts, mine has a little less power but is lighter, i am presuming as the 6 is more of a tourer it is heavier so more weight but a slightly higher BHP, therefore works out about the same.

Anyone know? Cheers

thats why i am comparing the cars Mark, i know mine is turbo aspirated but yours is a V6, although the engines are completely different, the power and performance equates to the same from 2 very different cars, thats why i am comparing them as they are completely different but pretty much the same performance!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts