Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it started out after leaving work and headin home. exited the parking lot and made a right and into a red light. Then i see this old caddy 60's? with bright ass headlights and popping up and down. He had hydraulic air bags?! He pulled next to me and revved. His engined growled like fu#k. I knew it had to have been swapped wit a big block v8. I was tired and didn't want to race him. Light turned green and he took off and i slowly peeled out. He slowed down and waited for me. And started paralleling wit me. Not smart and dangerous. I didn't want to get boxed in or trapped so i had to gas it. I flipped the iat and armed the 45shot of nitrous that i borrowed from my friend. i took off and he followed. I held a car lead and he started gaining on me. As soon as he was at my rear bumper. I used the nitrous and gained a half a car length ahead. I let off at 70 mph. And slowed down to about 40 mph. Then he floored and zoomed past me and flipped the hazards thinking he won or somethin. He almost hit a volvo and braked like crazy and swerved into my lane and lost controlled for a bit. damn crazy driver. his car started spewing blue smoke from the exhaust. Dunno whats wrong wit his car. but it was a good kill. He must of at least had a 350 or sumthin.

Off to the second kill. My friend and i were going home from a night out. He was in his 00 light blue prelude W/tiptronic. I was in my mx6. I was in front and he was in back of me. when we reached a red light he changed to the lane next to me. the light was short. I was stopped and he had a rolling start. He took off getting at least a car length. My iat and nos were already arm at the stop light. I quickly gained on him wit our lowend v6 torque. The lude don't get too much lowend torque. I reached to about his door. i knew his vtec was going to kick in anytime cause i heard his loud ass exhaust at high rpm. I shot the nos and gained 1/4 car lead on him.his vtec finally kicked in but it was too late. i won by a 1/2 a car. We talked later and he was really surprised bout the 6. He thought it was like a 4banger from the 626. I told it was the v6 version. He was speechless, but still said good bye. He left wit his head down.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
60's caddys - though landboats, could be had with HUGE engines... i think a "350 or something" would be on the smaller side of available engines... im surprised you kept an off-the line lead on one... they are monsters for torque... although you clearly have the weight advantage there...

and also - how do you "borrow" a 45 shot? its not like u plug and play, and take it off 5 minutes later to give back to him.. lol./.
i would love to borrow some things off of a certainb friend's hooked up mx... maybe ill ask if i can borrow his klze??

and finally (warning mini rant) - i now hate the fast and furious movie... i has injected "NOS (nosss)" into everyone's vocabulary. i dont even run n20 in the mx6 - but brand-naming is a huge pet peeve with me... similar to the way sidekick owners will refer to their vehicle as a jeep... or people will refer to tissues - ALL tissues as kleenex. grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

ok sorry for ranting.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
LOL
i LOVE the rant!

-meaty

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i tried to stay away from using nos on the post. But u see ts easier to type. Just 3 letters instead of nitrous oxide. and also i have the nos brand nitrous oxide. So i can use the word nos.

And i only borrowed the bottle, not the whole system. My own bottle was empty since i first got it and i never got a chance to refill it so he lent me his while he refilled mine. We have the same setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts