Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up all my dawgs with the mx6's, listen a 1997 subaru outback pulled up to me the other day while i was stopped at a light and kept reving his engine and i was laughing at him, then the light turned green and he took off and threw his hazards so at the next light i knew he wanted to race so the light turned green and we went he was close at first cus he has all wheel drive but i smoked him by like 3.5 cars, then we pulled over and he has the full cat back exhaust,intake, and the chip and i got him cuz i have intake,exhaust,headers,ngk plugs and wires,and the msd ignition

·
Registered
48 Posts
I honestly doubt the plugs, wires and ignition were helping you beat the outback, but it is a good kill none the less...

Keep up the good work

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
2fast4U said:
I honestly doubt the plugs, wires and ignition were helping you beat the outback, but it is a good kill none the less...

Keep up the good work
okay maybe not the plugs but ignition and wires are a good mod to have. overlooked most of the time. just like the fuel system....hmmmm

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
way to smoke a station wagon, whats next a mini van with a mother and her 4 kids. Whats the point of racing something like that, then bragging like its a big deal. I dont get it.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
MazdaManiac,
The Outback comes with an optional 3.0L 212hp V6... And even though it weighs about 550lbs more than a MX6 it is not a slow car.
Also, he didnt initiate the race. So its not like he is "bragging" about going around beating station wagons.

Since when did posting = bragging? There are tons of stories here about easy kills.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
regardless of what kind of engine it has in it, it is still built for carrying a family comfortable, not to be a "economy sports car" like the MX6. Posting about beating anything is a form of bragging, no matter how its done. And, if it that engine is optional, do we know that that particular outback had it. No. I'm not taking anything away from the MX6, but it seems pointless to race these things that dont even present a challenge. I think thats why there are so many doubters that come to this sight. It seems to me like you should race things in similar classes. I highly doubt on a Corvette board or something like that people go around..."yea i killed a station wagon" Just my opinion, im not a hater

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MazdaManiac said:
I'm not taking anything away from the MX6, but it seems pointless to race these things that dont even present a challenge. I think thats why there are so many doubters that come to this sight.
...then I dare you to race this guy: http://pages.cthome.net/gus/mini.html

I think he would present quite a challenge. Remember, you never know what lurks beneath the hood.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
MazdaManiac,

I understand your opinion, and I dont disagree with you completely. You think that no one should post a kill story unless it is against another sports cars. No challenge, no story. I agree with you there. But where you assumption is wrong is that non-sports cars dont pose a challenge. There are models of the Outback that are faster than stock MX6s. There are minivan models that are faster than stock MX6s. My SUV is faster than almost any MODIFIED MX6.

So if you pulled up next to me in my ML55 and I revved my engine, you would just laugh becausue it looks kinda like a minivan, right? Well, look up the specs on the Mercedez ML55 AMG.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Scooby, i understand, and i know that there are cars out there that dont look like much, yet can hold its own against or even beat...but thats not the point. The point is that its getting to the point where the only stories on here are complete jokes more or less. I personally would have more respect for someone who loses to a faster car, than someone who just beats up on cars that stand no chance. Just my opinion

·
Registered
332 Posts
I really did not know that the Outback came with an optional 3 liter engine in the states. Is that new, because I really thought the biggest those Subs came with were the 2.5.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
listen

i am the one who raced the outback sport its not like i pulled up and raced someone who had a stock subaru outback sport he has work done, full caback exhaust,intake, and plugz and wires now i chill with him sometimes and he just got nitrous so he races the car its not like i raced someone who didnt know how my mx6 was, so b4 u start hatin i bet u pull up to civic's that are stock all the time and beat them and get happy, he out back sport will beat the civic the kid with the civic also has a system hat contains of 2 dei 12's ansd a dei 15 custom built in the trunk so stop hatin

·
Registered
287 Posts
Subaru Guru

The Outback only premiered in 2000-2001 as the "Eddie Bauer" edition which carried the V6 engine. Which in turn means the 97 Outback that was raced only had the 2.5L 165hp engine. The boxer 4 cylinder engine by Subaru is a quick one, so it is actually a good match for an MX6...if it weren't a wagon...

Ryan

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nooers, not Eddie Buer, but L.L. Bean! :)

Ryguy: Punctuation is your friend. Use it often ;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yeah I realized I said Eddie Bauer about an hour ago and kicked my own ass, sorry! LL BEAN!!!

Ryan

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
damn scoob you got a ML55 AMG??? what happened to the Lexus LX? you a mercedes man now or what? i want a RennTech CLK60!

anyways... if the race is against a car that is not a challenge then we have ppl bringin it up... but if it is, then someone is always like "yeah right","i have to raise the B.S. flag". you know what i mean. i think imma just get some kill stories on video.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts