Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, I got a 93 MX6 LS V6 auto(stock for now) and have been challenged by a friend of mine who owns a 2k Bmw Z3. Now all of my friends think I'm gonna get smoked but I don't think that little piece of eurotrash hasa chance. I think since we both have auto's it simply a matter of power to weight ratio, which I think i got the advantage in since i have the six and she has the 4. Since I'll be racing a chick I can not loose!!!!!
We have yet to race and I'll let y'all know when it happens but I just want to see what everyone thinks is gonna happen.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dont worry , give it a try, I raced a mtx 2,8 Z3, and cleaned him out on the freeway , I passed at a strong 220km/ph , man I was really thrilled that day,

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
im not sure right now but when i find the specs on the BMW Z3 i'll give u a more acurate answer, but with 2 more cylinders working for u im pretty sure your still in this thing... BMW's arnt as intimadating as they look and i think if u can power start with your 6, you'll win by half a car lenght or so... since both of em are auto its all a matter of wieght and torque... before u race clean out your car with all your junk (ie. bass box), juss power start at the beginning (as you hold the break keep your foot somewhat on the gas so when u let go the wheels are alreadys at a high RPM to let u take off faster) and you'll do fine... but if u lose to a girl i suggest a skool transfer :).. take it ez... i'll let u know the specs and an accurate answer soon

·
Registered
428 Posts
BMW Z3
Technical Z3 Z3
2.2i 3.0i

Cylinders 6 6

Valves 24 24

Capacity cc 2,171 2,979

Maximum Power kW/rpm
125/6,250 170/5,900

Maximum Torque Nm/rpm
210/3,500 300/3,500

MX6
2.5L 24V 6cyl 121 kw

These are the new specs, dunno about 2000'.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those numbers dont seem to intimidating but we'll see what happens. We were supposed to race last weekend but there were cops all over the place so we put it off. I aint sure when we are gonna race but Ill make sure I tell u what happens. Thanks for the info...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
go for it :/

Juss power start and u'll do fine... it seems we have sent messages to honda civics, acura integras, mitsubishi eclipses, ford mustangs and some camaros, but now its time to go for the Bimmers... mazdas finest kill!!! kill her for all of us Sixers.... good luck

·
Registered
886 Posts
Um, guys read the original post. It's a 4 cylinder Z3. My parents owned an E30 318is, which had essentialy the same 4 cylinder M42 engine. Take it from me when I say they're slower than a wet week. You should kill the Z3, even with an ATX V6.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Four-cyl Z3s have 0-60 times in the mid-9s. A Toyota Echo could take one out! :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
I raced a z3 coming home from a yankee game like 2
years when i first got my car it had no mods done
to it. I also had 3 people in my car and he couldnt
keep up.

G

·
The only 4 cyl is a 1.9L engine that makes 138 hp. If you had a Civic EX it would be a good race.

Just keep quiet about it and then whoop up on her and suprise the hell outta your friends. That's what I do, everybody is shocked that the 6 is that fast.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts