Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been years i have logged into the forum, Well i picked up a project car , 89 MX6GT, an the whole idea of the project is to spend as little as i can to make 500hp, but i can use any of my old parts laying in the garage shelf.
the car came in as a bucket, crack dash, not running, missing front bumper etc

here is the way i got the car
IMG_2411.JPG
so tthe first thing i did is pull the motor out the car to see what it will take.
IMG_2408.JPG IMG_2407.JPG

pulled the motor apart and start the built, installed wiseco pistons, dual valve springs, ported head, larger valves, bigger clutch, bigger injectors, bigger 450lph pump, meth injection etc

Attachments

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMG_2844.jpg
5th injector setup
IMG_2843.jpg IMG_2842.jpg IMG_2847.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here is he car

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got some front and rear maroon door panels if you need any. Been sitting in my shed for years
i want to convert the window to manual , is the door you have have manual windows on it? by the way, what do you mean front and rear? mx6 only comes with 2 front doors

·
Registered
6 Posts
i want to convert the window to manual , is the door you have have manual windows on it? by the way, what do you mean front and rear? mx6 only comes with 2 front doors
They’re power windows panels and by rear I meant the rear panels not rear door panels

·
Registered
170 Posts
I noticed you have very large ports welded onto the valve cover. Is that for extra crank case ventilation? I'm currently exceeding the venting capacity of my filters and tired of the oil on the valve cover. I should probably look into a catch can set up. I was thinking of running it through the stock ports but it looks like your top vent is for an oil catch can. Just confirming the extra port is indeed for venting and not anything else

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I noticed you have very large ports welded onto the valve cover. Is that for extra crank case ventilation? I'm currently exceeding the venting capacity of my filters and tired of the oil on the valve cover. I should probably look into a catch can set up. I was thinking of running it through the stock ports but it looks like your top vent is for an oil catch can. Just confirming the extra port is indeed for venting and not anything else
I dont use catch can, its a crankcase ventilation port, The stock port is too small, I have 5 vents

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They’re power windows panels and by rear I meant the rear panels not rear door panels
what do you want for the Door panel, left and right?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts