Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what kind of tires do I need for 17x7 +38 offset rims?

G

·
go on tirerack.com and see if they have them. They'll tell you what kind you need. also try discounttiredirect.com

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
The tyres depend on your driving style and conditions.
Size's with a 7" up to 225 width will go on but 215 is probably the best fitting.

This link will allow you to see how the different sizes affect the overall circumference of the tyre and how it effects your speedo reading against the stock tyres.
tyre calculator

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I should get 215-30-17's?

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
No the 30 side ratio will leave your speedo reading 7.5% faster than you are actually going the 215/40/17's will be within 0.5% of the stock size reading. the 215/45/17 will leave your speedo reading 4% to SLOW be carefull of them cameras.

I have the 215/40/17's on mine.

[Edited by mx6-uk on 02-07-2001 at 03:05 PM]

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What kinda kit is that one your car coldnoodle

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
wu its a civic buddy club kit! And before you ask it's completely custom and hes not making any more.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
I have 7" wide rims with 235/40-17 tyres and they work just fine. BTW, yes, the car is lowered. That's what you was going to ask next rite?
Mici

G

·
Hmmm, my wheels are 17X7 and they're recommended to have 205/45/17 tyres. But I can get 215's? Hmm i dont' know much about wheels/tyres.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What kinda tires should I get?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I would go with the yokohama Parada it is a reall good tire especially for the price

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
I have heard a lot of good things about the Bridgestone S02
But tyres are pretty much personal preference.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I have 17X8" rims and I am using 215/45 ZR17 tires. AND my car is lowered with coil overs.....215/40's will leave to big a gap in the wheel well...believe me, I had them at first and hated them. As far as the thickness, you can go as far as 235/xx . Anything else will be to big and will rub.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so should i get 45's? i want them to look nice.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
i just bought some $500 17s on ebay for $350!!! as soon as they get in im going to wrap them in yoko paradas that my friend is getting me for $110 a piece!!! BTW i have heated coils so my car is pretty low. and before anyone talks sh!t about heated coils, i had my friend do them. he has an associates degree in metallurgy. my car still rides the same as the day i bought it (well i cant tell).

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
and before anyone talks sh!t about heated coils, i had my friend do them. he has an associates degree in metallurgy. my car still rides the same as the day i bought it (well i cant tell). [/B]

HEATED COILS, WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU THINKING !!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID TH.......

Just kidding man.... LOL.... :cool:

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
LOL...ohhhh man i though i was gonna.... you scared me there for a sec... anyways, he said if anything ever happened to them, hed buy me some coilovers!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts