Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 170 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
That FEED bumper fits nicely :tup: Time to get a dual oil cooler and FMIC to take advantage of that bumper ;)

Those are some meaty tires!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I already have the stock dual oil coolers and I'm going the V-Mount set-up way! :) Almost no lag. I might upgrade to all aluminum oil coolers though. And yeah, the tires are a little meatier than I thought they'd be, but they should give me the traction I need :p I have more meat in the back right now: 265/40R17

As for the FEED bumper, I'm getting it wrapped in Carbon Fiber to complete the front end look since I'm getting CF fenders, hood and headlights. Can't wait to see the finished product. :)

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
If you are going all CF front then what's the plan for the rest of the car? Painting it black?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Leaving it Silver. I like the idea of having it 2 colors. If I ever get tired I could sacrifice a bit of weight to have the rest of the body wrapped in Carbon Fiber as well :p That would be pretty sweet. Of course I'd be changing the doors and hatch for REAL Carbon Fiber, leaving only the Quarters and Roof to be wrapped.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
I see, yeah you can get pretty much every panel in CF, like the hatch and sunroof. Would like to see how everything look when you are done, which hood are you going with? I have a chance to go grab a brand new CF vented hood from a local for half the retail price, so I might do that, getting tired of popping the hood after a long drive :p

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I thought you deleted this thread?? I vote no on cf wrap, your silver paint is too sexy to cover up!

Btw that wheel fitment in the back is sexxxy! Why don't you just pull the fenders upfront?

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Subscribed! It really is coming together well Joey.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
I see, yeah you can get pretty much every panel in CF, like the hatch and sunroof. Would like to see how everything look when you are done, which hood are you going with? I have a chance to go grab a brand new CF vented hood from a local for half the retail price, so I might do that, getting tired of popping the hood after a long drive :p

Oh yeah, with the interior stripped, I get all kinds of heat soaking through the fire wall and transmission well. Anything that will vent some heat will be greatly appreciated! lol. I'm going for the Scoot style hood by Seibon. Some people call it the cheese grater hood...but it looks like this:

I thought you deleted this thread?? I vote no on cf wrap, your silver paint is too sexy to cover up!

Btw that wheel fitment in the back is sexxxy! Why don't you just pull the fenders upfront?
Haha, that was an April fools joke, the thread was back up less than a week later, I saved all the posts. :p

Subscribed! It really is coming together well Joey.
Thanks man! I hope to have at least one aspect of it done by the end of this summer. If not, then oh well. It's my baby and I don't think I'm ever gonna get rid of it.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
June 17th update!

Good news! Production on my custom front fenders started today and they should be ready in about 2 weeks.

If I hadn't already mentioned it, the Koyo rad has been installed. I raised the suspension a little bit so that I could fit the new wheels and not have the bumper scrape everywhere. I ordered my last gauges and sensors last night and capped off the air pump hose which was making an annoying gargling sound.

Now if Canada Post would stop being on strike, I could get my damn coupler and fix my boost leak to finally shoot a video of it and show you guys the work since. For now, enjoy these few shots of her (all dirty!!)

Koyo Radiator:

New FEED Front Bumper:

New Wheels:

My "Interior":

"Headliner":

The Drivers Seat:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Thanks Chris. Maybe some time soon I'll detail the doors back. My paint is disgusting and scratched everywhere. Leave it to the detailer to not have flawless paint. lol.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I don't like it but thats just me... Maybe its because my heart goes up and down not in circles.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I don't like it but thats just me... Maybe its because my heart goes up and down not in circles.
That's cool man. I don't expect everyone to like it. After all, I'm not building it for everyone else, I'm building it for myself. Glad you stuck to just saying you didn't like it rather than saying it's been ruined and that I've turned into a POS and that I should be set on fire. :tup: Fair play. Thanks for sharing. :)

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Love that shot, perfect wheel fitment :tup:

I'm jealous, 99 Spec climate control panel!

Now if Canada Post would stop being on strike, I could get my damn coupler and fix my boost leak to finally shoot a video of it and show you guys the work since. For now, enjoy these few shots of her (all dirty!!)
That's what it was! I was in Toronto for vacation last 4 days, and kept seeing people standing on the side of the street, I was wondering what it was.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
you removed the radio, but kept the AC LOL!! nice FD man. you have inspired me to start my FC thread soon.
I removed the radio and the A/C...and the heater core, and all hoses, and A/C pump, and condenser, and all hoses as well. :p I just have the control unit still in place because it's an annoying hole to have there. There are no wires in back of that either :D I removed the radio because that's where all the gauges will be going as soon as they come in. :)

Thank you for the compliment:) I hope to see your story soon too! :tup:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Maybe. But I'll put my limited time to good use first. Must finish v-mount, and gauge wiring first. I just relocated the battery to the trunk (loose in the rear passenger "seat" hole - waiting to receive Taylor Battery box) and now have plenty of room up front to start the test fitting of my intercooler and also start fabricating the mounting brackets.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
So, I finally got my coupler I've been waiting for for over a month, I got my Carbon Fiber wrap for the bumper and I changed my belt where the A/C pump used to be. So this means no more boost leak! I'm gonna try to wrap the bumper this weekend.

41 - 60 of 170 Posts