Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Thanks man. I did the best I could and I guess I did it right because I've already got 3-4 people asking me to paint a few parts for them in this manner. I also just wet sanded and polished it and protected it with a layer of Opti-Coat so i looks great and will last.

In other news, I just finished everything up and got the car fired up tonight. Here's the video. Jack the volume UP for full effect!

RX-7 first start 2013 - YouTube

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Cool video, that's a nice exhaust tone, do you have a straight or resonated midpipe? I have a Ganador Ti that I'll be installing this spring, still shopping around for a midpipe and I don't know if I should go with resonated or not.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Hehe, I don't want it too loud, I wanna be able to have a conversation with my wife when we go out ;)

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Hehe, I don't want it too loud, I wanna be able to have a conversation with my wife when we go out ;)
Then get a resonated mid pipe and don't get a straight through axle back. I have my MazdaSpeed axle-back for sale if you're interested. extremely rare part and very nice quiet tone (compared to my car - it still has a nice grumble)

That sounds so awesome! Can't wait for a drive by video of ~5000rpm... :p

Sent from my GT-I9000 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
This spring/summer buddy. Now it's a waiting game since it is the middle of igloo season. I don't know if I've mentioned it, but my brake rotors have arrived, now waiting on pads and fluid. I also have to set a bit of cash aside to order my lexan back glass if I want to ride :p

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Then get a resonated mid pipe and don't get a straight through axle back. I have my MazdaSpeed axle-back for sale if you're interested. extremely rare part and very nice quiet tone (compared to my car - it still has a nice grumble)
I have a Ganador Ti, which has a oval canister, same as the one FEED and RE used :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
So are you coming to Deals Gap in April? :) Greetings to a fellow FD owner.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
I remember reading your build thread over on 7club :) Not sure if you are asking me or Joey but I won't be going to Deals Gap, just too far of a drive from Chicago.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I won't be going either. Not much of a car specific meet guy. Also, it's in the USA, which I'm not fond of traveling to unless absolutely necessary :p

In other news, I may be getting a fiberglass rear bumper instead of the carbon fiber one sine I found one locally for $100 instead of $800+ shipped. Just gonna need to do the same style paint job on this one as well :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
I was asking both of you. I didn't think anyone was actually reading my build lol. Its still a work in progress. Motor should be assembled this week :) Traveling in the US isn't bad and Deals Gap is supposed to be beautiful to drive through. I'm going to take the hike from PA down there with a big caravan on the 18th I think.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Yeah, I have seen a lot of picture of 7club member going through the dragon. I might go later down the road, but not this year unfortunately.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I won't be going either. Not much of a car specific meet guy. Also, it's in the USA, which I'm not fond of traveling to unless absolutely necessary :p

In other news, I may be getting a fiberglass rear bumper instead of the carbon fiber one sine I found one locally for $100 instead of $800+ shipped. Just gonna need to do the same style paint job on this one as well :)
Who makes it? What did you end up thinking of the Siebon hood? I've been looking at the Seibon Knightsports replica hood. It has the breathers but no scoot inlet in the front which should help the V-Mount.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Who makes it? What did you end up thinking of the Siebon hood? I've been looking at the Seibon Knightsports replica hood. It has the breathers but no scoot inlet in the front which should help the V-Mount.
The bumper is a no-name brand I guess and I ended up getting for $80. So 10% the price of the CF bumper.

My hood and hatch are both from VIS. I did consider the Seibon, but from what I read, the VIS had less chances of fitting wrong and the openings in the hood re larger. Added bonus: I got a better deal on the VIS as well. Because I ordered both the hood and hatch of the same brand together, I got 10% discount and half price shipping.

going to be test fitting the new rear bumper today. :)

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
February 16th, 2013 - Update

So as some of you may know (those who have liked and follow my facebook page) I have been quite busy these days with a new contract I gotten. I posted a video in the Lounge called "Perks of the Job" explaining that a little bit. This has meant that I wasn't getting much time to work on the FD, but I did manage to work on it yesterday night. I finished the rear bumper and got it installed. Got the front end back on and the car is now running on it's, coolant works, everything is good. All the brake parts have arrived, I just need to find time to go pick them up.

I know everyone likes these, so pictures!

·
Super Moderator
2,143 Posts
So once you get glass or lexan in that thing I must know curb weight! Looking sweet. One day I want to get into track cars and possibly learn to drift...

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
With the lexan in place and a half tank of gas, curb weight should be around the 2500 lbs mark. Possibly less. Last time I weighed it, it was at 2620 and still had passenger seat, sound proofing, A/C pump, big heavy MazdaSpeed exhaust, steel hatch, stock back-glass and a full tank. All this has been removed/replaced as well as a few other things. :)

121 - 140 of 170 Posts