Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Is everyone going to criticize that I didn't do a "good enough" burnout? :p

You're like the 3rd person to mention it. It's called a teaser for a reason! You'll get more later on!

Sorry if this sounds antsy, it just gets old fast when the same comment comes up all the time.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #148 (Edited)
The front Fenders are one off carbon fiber versions of the FEED fenders. They are 25mm wider on each side, allowing to fit wider wheels with low offset in front, all while keeping them inside the wheel well.

They are normally made in Fiber glass, and if you're interested, Shine Auto Project makes them for a very reasonable price.

Fourth item down on this page:
FD3S RX-7 Spec-GT Full Aero | Shine Auto Project

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
So I FINALLY got a bit of spare time to go pick up my brake parts. They should be going on this weekend if my brother is available.

full parts list:
PowerSlot slotted race discs
Hawk DTC-60 front pads
Hawk DTC-30 rear pads
PBR Performance BF-600 brake fluid (DOT 4 - 594* boiling point)
Russel Stainless Steel brake lines

after this, there's just the new plugs and wires to swap out and back glass to replace and I'm heading for the track! :D

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
So a quick update.

My Lexan back-glass is being made right now, I should have it in a few weeks. I haven't had any luck with fixing my boosting issue. Still cuts out at 5 psi after replacing the MAP sensor. Going to try using a different set of plug wires as that's what I replaced and if not, then I'll just leave it as is until winter when 'll most likely be sending it out to be rebuilt by RX-7Store.

In the mean time, here are some bragging rights: I've had 2 magazines, including Mighty Car Mods and a local mag, ask to do a feature and a rotary-dedicated facebook page will feature my car as well. :)

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Is a rebuild necessary? It still sounds like a fuel or spark issue to me, have you check your fuel pressure? Check your pump and maybe rewire it.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
So I figured out my problem, but it won't be fixed right away. It turns out that the upgrades I have done create a vacuum problem and my engine can't compensate with enough fuel/ignition timing. So I've decided to fix it with lots of work.

In the mean time, I've also had my radiator re-done so it eliminates the damn leak that was caused by the shitty work from the previous welding shop.

Here are a couple pics of where I'm at now. See if you can guess where I'm going with this ;)

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
So I figured out my problem, but it won't be fixed right away. It turns out that the upgrades I have done create a vacuum problem and my engine can't compensate with enough fuel/ignition timing. So I've decided to fix it with lots of work.
Lol, thats the spirit :p

In the mean time, I've also had my radiator re-done so it eliminates the damn leak that was caused by the [shizzle]ty work from the previous welding shop.

Here are a couple pics of where I'm at now. See if you can guess where I'm going with this ;)
Big single turbo and v-mount? :D

141 - 160 of 170 Posts