Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I haven't decide between V-mount or Large SMIC like the M2 one, one thing about V-mount is that they have to work with my Koyo N-FLO. They are quite expensive and I don't think I'll put them in good use by just drive on the street, I think a large SMIC will be enough for me for now, but we'll see :)

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yeah, I want to get a welder, maybe then I'll make my own V-mount :)

The RS is being difficult lately so I had to take the 7 to work, she just roll over 60,000 today :(

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Gave her a nice wash and detail over the weekend :)

Also, just got my Miata steering wheel, came off of a 2002 Miata with 4 miles on it, that car got totalled before it hit the dealership :lol: The wheel look just like my girlfriend Mazda3's wheel when we bought it new from the dealer, I just need to get an airbag and a Protege rear cover with cruise control then I'm all set :)

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
FD's are one of the few cars I feel I still need to add to my line up. (Well that, an 850i and a Delorean)

Look good now is the Miata wheel like what I did with the Probe where it works and fits just swapping it over? Airbag and all? I would agree that would be an upgrade I kept my wheel as well but its off a 99 Special Edition with the Blue Side Leathers.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I would love to own an 850i, the manual one is rare.

As of the Miata wheel, I have to drill a notch at the 12 and 6 o'clock position for the turn signal to work, and wire up the horn/airbag/cruise control, but the wheel itself is a direct swap. It's about 10mm smaller than the stock FD wheel and look 10x better :)

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I completely agree thats why I kept mine esp since it all works with the Probe as well. I could see the same thing with the RX7 as well.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Intake pipe is here so I installed the M2 intake box today, and took a few random shots in front of the house :)

RX-8 5spd knob, gonna replace the MSP one.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
MORE!

Installed the R1 lip today, I'm very happy with it, will get some FEED replica carbon fiber skirt to complete the look :D

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Ah hell yes! THAT is what you needed. The stock lip and FEED sides = da shmexyness. I still need to install mine :lol: I must say, your car is coming along very nicely. I love the stock look of a sleeper/weekend warrior/cruiser you've got going on man! Are you planning on getting wheels anytime soon? (I'm selling my MS-01's if you're interested btw)

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks Joey! Rims are definitely on the to do list, but not the top priority. I wanna sort out the boost issue first, it's currently boosting at 7-7-8 boost pattern, which make me think it's either a vacuum leak or some actuator/solenoid is not working. I'm going to get a silicone hose kit to replace all the vacuum line to see if that'll fix the problem, might go simplify sequential/non-sequential while I'm at it.

Weekend sleeper/warrior/cruiser is exactly what I'm looking for, still need more power but it'll do for now.

Hurry up and post some update, you are lagging behind :p

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
That's an odd pattern. Are your turbos worn out by any chance? They're both lower than they should be. I hope it's just a vacuum issue for you though! :tup:

As for my updates, they're coming...I have a bunch of things getting lined up to be done, I just don't wanna post an update for something like "boost leak fixed...that is all for now" lol. Hopefully by the end of the month there'll be something to read! :D

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Yeah, I've read if the turbo control solenoid/actuator is not working it will restrict you to 7-8psi on both turbo, so I'm crossing my finger on that!

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It's been awhile, time for a little update :D

Got the airbag so the Nardi wheel is in, I love this steering wheel, it feels and looks 10x better than the stocker!

Few other things came in, RE-Speed oil filter pedestal for the oil temp and pressure sender, Rotary shape brake reservoir cap and engine torque damper.

Rotary shape cap and GReddy Type-S BOV installed

Also got a steal on this M2 Large SMIC, little dirty but overall it is in really good shape, paid half of what it is worth :D

New Efini red RX-7 badge :)

That's it for now, more to come later :)

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Your car makes me drool all over myself...

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
No cruise control at the moment, I did get the buttons, mounting bracket and a rear cover with cruise control opening from a Protege wheel, later to find out the Protege bracket does not work with my Miata wheel. Shape of the buttons works with the wheel tho, So I just have to do some fab work to mount the buttons onto the Miata wheel and wire it up, too lazy to do that now since I don't really use the cruise control, so it'll most likely be a winter project.

21 - 40 of 113 Posts