Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Thanks for the offer but I won't be getting rims until I get some coilover, and I'll probably go single before upgrading my suspension :)

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #62

Got some clear lens headlights, don't know if I'll stick with the SC430 or just get some Morimoto D2S for an easy drop in :D

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
A package came from oversea this morning :D

Ganador Vertex Titanium Exhaust, I believe there are only a hand full of these in the States :smokin:

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
Not a lot of update lately, was very busy with the wedding following by all the holidays.

I finally picked up a PFC, pre-tuned for 12psi.

Picked up this GReddy elbow locally, it's the one with BOV flange already attached from GReddy, so I don't have to find someone to weld a flange on my IC pipe :)

More to come later, gonna redo all my gauges.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Not sure if you can find then new still, even used they are pretty hard to come by. Most of the time the seller won't split up the elbow and BOV, luckily this guy was selling just the elbow :)

I'm very excited about the PFC, I got it without a commander so I can get an EL commander.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Upgrading the lighting department...

Picked out the projector and ballast, going with RX350 Bi-Xenon projecter and Denso slim ballast...

Sent the OEM lens out for polish and did the washer mod, here's the result...

Started to playing with the housing...

Need to cut open the back of the housing this weekend and start fitting the projector in, then pick out the shroud :)

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Got her up on 4 stands to take the stock cat and exhaust off, also removed all the interior so I can move the battery to the rear bin.

Ganador Ti :)

More stuff came...

I need to drop the diff, re-seal it and change the fluid, gonna to switch to Neo fluid on both tran and diff.

·
Super Moderator
2,577 Posts
ZE - looks great. There is a white, unmolested RX-7 94? up the road from me. Never is driven. Might do a walk up and see what goes. I've wanted the classic RX7 to compliment my mx6... one day.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Yeah you should go check it out, especially white FD is extremely rare.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Scored a C's short shifter on eBay for 40 bux :D There's a catch tho, the lower spacer that sits inside the tran is missing. Not a problem, I call up my buddy Colin and he was able to make me one in UHMWP with the measurement I gave him :tup:

Fits perfect!

Also got an illuminate RX-8 5-spd knob to go with it.

More parts coming next week...

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
It's arguably the best STS ever made for the FD, it's discontinued and hard to come by. New this thing is like $400, used one go for around $200 if all pieces included. They make STS for the FC too, FD one is more rare so that might be the reason why you only found info on the FC one, but if you search on 7club, you'll find a few thread that talk about this shifter.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Yeah, I tried the B&M on someone else car, but it was very clicky, more clicky than the one in my MX-6. I would've go with them if I weren't able to find a C's tho :)

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Very true. It does click whenever I shift gear. It's part of the design of the "box" holding the pivot ball. anyways, looks like a solid item you were able to find there!

gotta question for you as I'm having a slight problem on my car: I can't boost.

details; I can build pressure with the turbos, but as soon as I hit positive pressure (boost) the engine cuts it off. My car did this 2 years ago when I fried through my MAP sensor wiring. Wired it back up and everything was good. It was also fine a few weeks ago before I changed my plugs and wires. Now, the car still runs fine, but it won't boost. (When changing my plugs, I rested on my MAP sensor and heard a crack, but everything seems intact)

do you think it's possible I broke something inside the MAP sensor that's causing me to not read positive vacuum pressure and therefor having the engine cut out?

I ordered a new GM 3-bar MAP sensor to be safe, but I wouldn't mind a second opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
It does sounds like somethings wrong with the MAP sensor, did you take the sensor out and test it? I'm sure you can test it with a DMM, spec should be in the FSM.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
The diff is leaking, either from the cover or axle seals. Either way its time to drop it reseal it and give it some fresh fluid along with the trans.

More OEM parts showed up, man these little bags are expensive...

Hopefully I can spend some time on it this weekend.

61 - 80 of 113 Posts