^ LOL yup, so to get the axles out I have to separate it from the hub, all the axle thread on 7club tells me it can be a PITA, so I unbolted everything and pull the hub and axle all together, didn't bother try to separate them. Next I need to drop the diff, might have to replace the carrier bushing :\
Dropped the diff last weekend, it was leaking from the axle seal, apparently people can't install an axle seal properly nowadays :tdown:
Dirty diff carrier
Cleaned it out with purple power and painted it
Cleaned up the diff with purple power and painted it
I also took the diff cover off to reseal it, didn't want to take any chance that it is leaking there too. Now I'm waiting for the SuperPro diff carrier bushing to come so I can put the diff back up, got a 20 tons shop press from Harbor Freight so hopefully it will make my life easier down the road when I need to replace bushings and bearings.
Got a few more parts in and got a Miata battery so I can relocate my battery to the rear bin in favor of the large SMIC, and a Magnaflow resonated midpipe to keep the neighbor happy
Got quite a bit of work done on the car last week.
- Replaced fuel filter since it is easy to get to with the diff off the car
- Replaced diff carrier bushing with SuperPro
- Installed new axle seals, drive shaft seal and re-sealed diff cover
- Installed Banzai Racing diff brace
- NEO diff fluid
- Test fitted the exhaust
- Finished relocating the battery
Clean up these underbody braces while they are off the car, Purple Power FTW!
Got these beefy exhaust gasket to ensure a leak free exhaust
Magnaflow midpipe and Ganador Ti exhaust
Titanium goodness :tup:
Relocated the battery in favor of a large SMIC
Added 3 switched 12V feed for gauges and etc.
The center caps were peeling, so I sand them down and repainted them, probably won't match 100% but should look better than half black half silver.
Yeah I probably will have them powder coated later on, but right now I just want to get everything on the car and just drive it because winter is right around the corner.
Had a crazy week of work but I managed to get some stuff done on the car.
- Replaced tran fluid with NEO
- Installed C's short shifter
- Replaced the CD player and redo all the wiring
- Added R1 din pocket
- Fixed leaky odometer capacitor
- Installed Speedhut gauges
- Rewired fuel pump
- Installed Rotary Extreme hood damper
Ran all the wire behind the radio pocket and dash
Replaced a leaky capacitor on the odometer circuit board
Running all the gauge wire under the passenger foot rest and out the passenger side fender
Fuel pump rewire
95% of the interior is back in
Put the fender and rims back on and put her back on the ground, almost for got how low the car is even on stock suspension lol.
New block off plates, removed double throttle and AWS.
Next is fuel, Aeromotive pump, AFPR, SS line and serviced stock injectors.
Wrapped the downpipe with some leftover heatwrap I have from the MX-6, and got a wideband bung welded on.
Put everything back together, install MBC and the large SMIC I got last year.
Also got some new pulleys to replace the blue GReddy one, don't want too many colors.
Love these Speedhut gauges
Got her running in November, she sat for a year since the last time I drove her in 2012 but she started right up with the PowerFC
Everything is great except that I can't control my boost with this free flowing exhaust, it's spiking up to 12psi by 6k even with the ported wastegate, and the timing on this tune in the PowerFC is a bit aggressive to me so I'm going to get it retune in the spring. Gonna get bigger injectors and turn up the boost next year since I'm getting it tune anyways, aiming for 14-15psi, we'll see how it goes
A forum community dedicated to Mazda MX-6 owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about restorations, performance, upgrades, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!