101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)
Dyno day!

Got her strapped up ready to go

RX-7 Dyno 4/12/14 - YouTube

Overall I'm very happy with the result, 355rwhp/308rwtq @14.7psi })

Gotta get the dual oil cooler in and install WI to keep the IAT in check, get some new tires for the Zigens and she'll be ready for the nice weather :)

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Thanks! I can't wait till the weather gets better so I can drive it more lol.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
You should be aiming for 400+ with a single, if you only want 350ish then twin is better. I'm making 250tq at 3400rpm, it'll be hard or might not even be possible to find a single to do that.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
I wouldn't call it Magnaflow exhaust, it's just a Magnaflow resonator in place of the cat.

A lot has changed since 2014, CF side skirt, Mazdaspeed CF lip, TEIN coilover, wheels, GReddy V-mount and etc.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
2016 was a busy year, the car was down most of the time for the V-mount install, and as usual I found hundreds other stuff to replace/change when the AC, PS, IC and radiator came off :laugh:

I started the install in April and didn't finish till August, think I put less than 1000 miles on it the whole year because of that. Work also was more busy than the year before, but I was able to get away for a few weeks to Japan and Hong Kong. We went to Osaka and Kyoto, but knowing Hiroshima is just 2 hours bullet train ride away I had to go visit the Mazda Museum.

Got pictures of the Cosmo, FB and some early 90s car, for some reason they stopped at ~92 so no MX-6/626/MX-3.

And of course the god of all Rotary >:)

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
I know right? They start talking about the history of rotary after the car display stopped around 92, then it jumps to SkyActiv technology. We did get a chance to see their assembly line tho, as the museum is part of the Hiroshima plant. I believe the CX-3, CX-5 and Miata are built in this plant, and even saw a FIAT Spider on the assembly line lol.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts