Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well here she is.

1996 P Reg, noble green with a whopping 165,000 on the clock but shows little signs of it. FSH, Mot til August and tax til May. No wear on drivers seat and theres still a grain on the steering wheel + shift knob. Mx6 mats, recent air-con rad and re-gas, new de-cat + induction already fitted, Remote central locking alarm + immobiliser. £440 ($650), a bargain.

Here are the pics I took when I got it, pre-valet and I will be cleaning every inch of it over the next few days. Alloys, number plate and laguna splitter will be next externally + addressing bodywork and internally I have to sort the stereo wiring, replace the heater controller and dash surround, fit new guages and dash bulbs then any other niggles. The rude box exhaust is coming off tomorrow and a brand new back box is going on.

There are stone chips and scuffs around the car + a small bit of laquer peeling. The sunroof has blisters and the front corner of the bumper has had a know which has pushed the wing/indicator a little.

Took it for a spank up the road before replacing the exhaust. TURN IT UP! :tup:

Started work on the car, 1st thing was to change the license plate

Fitted some 17's that I swapped for stock wheels

Then I fitted the smoked side repeaters

and the new back box to replace the bodge up on there.

Found some SS sills at the local breakers

Fitted a j-spec dash surround with coin tray and replaced the clock for some gauges + put in the LED lights in the dash and door cards

Gave it a quick clean while the sun was out, still havent seen the car looking "green" yet, it flips between blue and black with an occasional flash of green.

Still got loads to do but my bank account is aching at the moment so the car will have to wait a bit.

What you think??

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Looks great. I'm surprised you don't have leather steering wheel & gear knob?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, just need one of those blue climate controllers off Chef when I have the $$ and then set about the brakes and suspension.

The "to do" list is growing..........

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Looks great. I'm surprised you don't have leather steering wheel & gear knob?
ya, i thought they all came with leather steering wheel and shift knob. and just looking from the pictures i never could of told that the car is supposed to be green.. lol

but those steel sills are sweet! can't wait to see the whole car all cleaned up.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can buy the lights for $215 shipped mate. I have a mint set for sale in the f/s section.

Will try and do a photo shoot sometime soon when I get round to it but its mothers day this sunday so i'll be busy.

Only seen a leather wheel n knob on early 1992/1993 cars and j-specs and they wear badly. The UK cars have a harder vinyl set up but still look good. I'll be updating them to a Momo Jet wheel and better/shorter shifter when I get the $$.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
thanks guys, just need one of those blue climate controllers off Chef when I have the $$ and then set about the brakes and suspension.

The "to do" list is growing..........
Just shoot me a message when you want one and we will work something out.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
is that an after market tape deck? lol

looks Damn nice. I love that colour as well. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Looks good Windy :tup:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
is that an after market tape deck? lol

looks Damn nice. I love that colour as well. Enjoy!
its an old Pioneer I had laying around but the front keeps falling off and the display doesnt light up well. Couple that to the fact theres 2 blown speakers and i cant exactly Pump up the Volume.

Need to get a kenwood mask in there, when the magic money fairies have been round to my bank account.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
took a few pics up the village green today and a video of the exhaust, you need to turn it up LOUD to hear it tho.

·
Registered
233 Posts
looks great! love the colour too! and the rims really set it off, whats the difference between the e-spec and j-spec dash? just the coin holder and the cup holder on the right??

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mine only has the coin tray on the right, not the cup holder in the centre.

E-specs come without either.

·
Registered
182 Posts
165,000 miles - its only just run in!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
added a few more LED's to the dash, just got to wire in my shiftlight now but theres nowhere to put it. Took a pic of the lighting so far. Hopefully the Chef will have ablue CC unit for me soon :)

heres another interior pic I took last night.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol, thanks Chef, like I said, no rush buddy.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Busy day today. Took the car to the workshop and did all the brakes. New disks and pads all round + 2 replacement front calipers. Then painted all the calipers red. Finished off by fitting the Renault Espace front splitter i got off Ebay. Very pleased with the results, looks lowered without lowering!

Comments welcome

1 - 20 of 26 Posts