Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 93 mx6 with the 6 cylinder. Something had been fouling the spark plugs so I took off the tube that goes between my airfilter box and the throttle body in order to spray some injector cleaner into it. Well she cranked, started and died twice and then now won't crank again. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
LMFAO!!!!....

okay... pull CEL codes, find out WHAT exactly was fouling your plugs and well go from there...LOL

oh and in disconnecting your intake plenum, you give your ecu a screwy reading from the MAF... reconnect it...LOL

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First off bro thanx for responding and just to let you know..... I'm not exactly mechanically inclined but I'm learning. How do I go about getting the CEL codes? Do I need a handheld computer? My ECU is the computer right and what is the MAF? Sorry for the questions but I haven't yet gotten the terminology down yet.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
hey its all good man, and im sorry for laughing but... never mind... okay...

MAF sensor= Mass Air Flow sensor. (or VAF, Vane Air Flow sensor). not the same thing, but similar.

anyways, take a paper clip and ground the TEN pin. youll find this in the diagnostic box next to the fuse box. the location of the pins is under the lid of the diagnostic box. then turn your key to "ON" and look at the CEL. long pulse= 10, short pulse= 1. add em up and then check... ummm the page that has the codes...ill find it for ya in a sec...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I need some sort of a manual. Hey another thing....for adding horsepower is it better to get a K&N stock filter or K&N open cone filter?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fixed the 6 and now I'm broke

I finally gave up on troubleshooting the car. My time was short and I need it for this weekend. I took it to Mazda and the problem turned out to be a bad distributor. They replaced it with a reman. and the outcome price ended up being $474. So my mistakes for ya'lls benefit.......take yours to a local shop instead of Mazda, You'll save a few hundred.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
you didnt follow the link did you?... hey mike is a pretty smart guy when it comes to these things... oh well...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts