Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I check the ground for oil leakage and there's none. Yes, I actually look on the ground after I left that space that I parked. I don't know is it that I switch to 10W-40 oil because a guy told me that it's better to use it when your car reach over 100K mi. Anyone has a clue why my car doesn't reuse its oils?

·
Registered
110 Posts
FIX THE LEAK

Simply fix the leak. Check the drain plug, oil pan bolts, oil filter/ cooler assembly, VCG's. Just wipe down all those parts super clean, and drive around for a bit, park it, let it sit awhile, thne check for drips on the ground. Look to see exactly where under the engine the drips are, drivers side, front, back where ever. Just find it. Depending on the location of the leak will determine how hard it would be to fix. Or just bring it to a mechanic and tell him to fix it. But thats gonna cost ya.

·
Registered
454 Posts
THIS ISNT A SOLUTION, but a helpful hint.
Add 20w50 oil to thicken the recipe. It should slow down the leak. I used this in my Subaru GL that was pissing 4bottles of oil a week, and it saved a lot of money. I think it reduced it to 2 bottles. I now use at leat 1 gallon 20w50, and 3 gallons 10w40 in the summer on the 6. In the winter, 10w40.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts