Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rear ended an old Chevy pickup Friday going to school. The roads were icey, it was really busy and he slammed on his brakes... I slid for 6 meters and hit him (brakes locked instantly). Now my 94 LS v6 is at the body shop waiting for repair.

The chevies umper was higher than mine, so my bumper is 100% perfect. My hood is bent up like a triangle, the lights are all gone, the rad is busted.
The chevy had abosolutley no damage!!

Now i have to lie without a car for a while cause i made a dumb mistake :(

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sorry to hear that man.. I had a similar situation a couple months back except I mostly dented my bumper. (Damn black ice!!)
How much are they charging you to fix her?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did that too, once. Except mine was written off. My had the whole bumber, boths rads, both lights and fog lights and a piece of the frame was bent...oh and plus the drivers side fender.

But I baught that car from a scrap yard smashed too and fixed it up...so really Karma does exist!

Better not say that...the one I have now had also a nice swift kick in the ass - That I had to pull out.

Sorry to hear that anyways. I know how you feel.

Diesel

·
Registered
212 Posts
MX6 + black ice @ guardrail = f*$# .Know how you feel. Only got my mx6 back a month ago after two weeks of repairs at the body shop. Cost my insurance company $5000 cdn. Took out the front bumper,f/left marker,turn and fog lights,driver side fender and rear quarter(saved door),marked up both rims,2 mud guards,coolant tank,and drivers side strut,lower control arm,lower ball joint. Can't wait for insurance renewl!!! Good luck with yours!!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
OPTIMISM TIME!!!!!!!!

well looks like a good time to use the insurance company's $$$ to get a fiberglass or carbon fiber hood and Jap headlights :D

you can always find a bright side :D ...especially when you look hard enough.

L8Rs
Nick
BLUMX6

1 - 6 of 6 Posts