Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you ask no it was not the 6 cyl v-tec it was a dx and its my brothers.Considering I have a 4cyl auto I am proud.Anyway He was always talking junk on how his accord was faster than my 6.So last night we were cruizing the blvd I was going about 20 mph he was right next to me I dropped it into 1st he herd the revs go up,We both hit it about the same time,my car took the jump and then I herd a grinding noise (he miss shifted)ha ha from there I never looked back and lauffed when he caught back up.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
shifting into 1st whil going too fast is bad for the tranny... i agree
shifting into first while putting a heavy load on the tranny is bad... i agree

but since civickiller didnt say how fast he was going and also implied that they didnt get on it until AFTER he shifted, he really wasnt hurting his tranny now, was he?

you wont catch me dead driving an ATX sports car, Fast... in fact, the only ATX ive ever owned is the POS chrysler that i dont care about.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was only going about 20-25 mph when I dropped it into 1st at almost a idle.Anyway If the tranny goes then in goes the stick so I hope it blows up.Oh and stage sometimes you have to deal with what you got until you can rectify it.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
civickiller said:
Oh and stage sometimes you have to deal with what you got until you can rectify it.
Hey... i know ALL about that one:)

its just that Fast thinks that 20-25 is too fast for first gear... huh Fast:D ...j/k ive been known to hit 35 in first gear...:E

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yes well... youre gears are taller... i might be able to make it to 40... i bet i can make it to 40 on the stage 3...LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts