Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I'd like to show you my latest project! Have do to some thing to get it legal (brakes, some gaskets, cooling doesn work, etc)!

1990 Mazda 626 GD 4WD

Status as I bought it:

Things done till now:
changed cooler (but still not working fan)
changed airfilter

speakers installed

some painting done!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are the cars I've owned and am owning! Ordered from weakest to strongest:

Mazda 121 DB *sold*
Mazda 323 BW 4WD daily driver
Mazda 626 2.5 V6 *sold*

I have a question!
What can I do to boost a little more power from the F2 engine! I don't want to install the F2T, cause the 4WD gearbox can't handle it! I gonna get a lighter flywheel and a highflow catalytic converter!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried do make a good vid, but thats the best I could get:
:D

Also tried the spoiler:

I think it looks good, but don't know which colour for paintjob, black or white!?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
i wonder if that spoiler will fit the sedan. i love that spoiler!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I wish we got those in the states. Can you post some pics of the rear suspension/axle?

BTW, its good to see your cars are left hand drive.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will do some ics of the rear axle when its done!!
Will tkae a while cause I've lost my job and have nearly no money to fix the complete breakes!

Here in europe nearly evry country has left hand drive, only the brits have right hand drive!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looking good!

your only the 2nd person ive ever seen with that wing. i love mine. it makes the car IMO. gives it some much needed lines.
I also think that a hatch without a spoiler looks a little bit naked!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bee a little bit busy today!

Mazdaspeed/momo leather steering wheel

Mazdaspeed leather handbrake

Mazdaspeed shiftknob

dark rear lights

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
man, ur car is getting more and more like mine. i have a momo wheel, and leather boot also! just dont ever paint your car gunmetal!

are you gonna tint your center light to match the darker outers? right now it doesnt really match. and over on the telstar tx5 forums, theres a guy selling some skirts, and a rear apron for our body. obviousely out of the way for me. but is a little closer to you if you on the hunt. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its not tinted, the dark lights were a factory option, but yes the center will be also dark (need money for that)!

The mazdaspeed stuff was installed in my 323 wagon, but I gonna sell it when the GD is done and it would be a shame to sell that stuff also! I still need a leather "bag" for the shifter, cause that one is from a GE and it doesn't really fit (too short) and I also need a "bag" for the handbrake!

Well I'll keep it white, only the wheels (also from the 323 wagon) will be gunmetal!

TX5 Forum? You've got a link for me?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
THX found it! But shipping for a bumper from AUS to AUT will be also for me to expensive!
(the bumper looks a little bit strange too :D)

Bidding on some rare Hella Fogs!
Hella

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
those look like my set of hella's on my 626. lol. but mine are yellow glass, and not OEM ones. those look pretty sweet. wish there was a better pic of them that you posted.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will look like that when installed:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here are the cars I've owned and am owning! Ordered from weakest to strongest:

Mazda 121 DB *sold*
Mazda 323 BW 4WD daily driver
Mazda 626 2.5 V6 *sold*

I have a question!
What can I do to boost a little more power from the F2 engine! I don't want to install the F2T, cause the 4WD gearbox can't handle it! I gonna get a lighter flywheel and a highflow catalytic converter!
Cam from a 2.0 carbie, fidanza flywheel, pacesetter header,2.5 insh exhaust+ port and polish.
That ought to get you near 150 HP.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What is a cam?
Fidanza is too light, gonna get a stock one and make it lighter!
Pacesetter is planned, what is port and polish?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ah okay, what a camshaft is I do know, but the short form was a mysterium for me!

Where is the difference between the 2.0 and the 2.2 camshaft? Cause I could get a better one:

but I don't really know which one is good! (I preffer the third from the pic)

2.0 carbi? Thats the 90hp engine, or am I wrong?!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts