Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One night around 12:00 am i was cruising down Bandera Rd. coming up to a stop light in the right lane. A friend of mine was in the car with me:smokin:. He recognized these fine ass chicks,in what looked like a 2001 eclipse, the same intersection, but to our right getting ready to turn left, behind them was a black civic with no identifying marks. so he was like get behind them. i made an illegal ass uturn after turning right, got behind the civic and the light turned green. so we all turned left going back the way i just came from. the eclipse was in the left lane, civic on the right about a car and a half back, i was in the left behind the eclipse. by this time i was in 3rd gear. so i jumped in front of the civic and me and the eclipse were side by side. while my friend was trying to talk shit to the chicks i was just waiting for them to open up the throttle on the ricey eclipse, i only looked at them for a second or two but my eye was on the fender and my ear open. anyways they downshifted, then i dropped it into second. after a couple of seconds i was already redlining. so i hit third and i started pulling them. i had a whole car length by the time i saw headlights pull to the right shoulder in my rearview, and the civic pulled the shit out of both of us. after hearing the scream of the VTEC machine i knew it had an SiR engine...anyways that lasted for a good mile and a half to two miles.Going about one to one ten mph the whole way...it wasnt too glorious but my1991 5door pulled a 2000 Eclipse.....:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
.........some replies would be cool...tell me what you think:eek:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Those stock eclipses are slow. But the Civic SI's are pretty quick. My cousin has a 99 and removed the V-tec and SI badge, so its sorta a sleeper, fast though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont know for sure, but i dont think the eclipse was stock, it was on some nice rims....i doubt the civic was a reg Si it was an SiR from japan.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Umm we don't get Type R's in north american if that's what you're thinking.. SiR is in Canada.. Si is in the states. If you see a civic with a Type R badge or sticker, you would know the guy/girl driving is a dumbass. the 626 LX are 4 bangers right?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when i said SiR, I meant the SiR imported from Japan, J-spec i guess...its the B16A1.....vtec... i think its off a jspec Del sol SiR

·
Registered
44 Posts
I dont possible know how you know it was an SiR from japan when it dident even have badges your going of how it sounded. Theres so much shit you can do to make a car sound diffent.Just wondering how you know

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are both right. I dont know FOR SURE. Generally in my area when someone does an engine swap on an early 90's body style civic, they put in an SiR. I wasnt going by how it sounded only. That shit was fast. My friend that was in the car with me has a 91 Integra (LS body) with an SiR engine...he was like damn that has to be an SiR.."i wish i had my car" it was in the shop....:mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts