Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you know what my car looked like before I'm sure...

Well the last 7 months the car has been at the bodyshop where it was given a full exterior makeover again. I wanted to go for somewhat of a 'clean driftlook' and I'm incredibly happy with the way it turned out. Last weekend the car was revealed at the Racing Expo in The Netherlands.

Especially the fit and finish are way better than before and definitely worthy of a top show car now imo. For the colors I've decided to still go with orange and black, since for me it is still THE combo for this car. The orange is a bit different though, as the base is a lighter orange and on top of that are 3 coats of gold and green pearl (in the sun you see green or gold sparkles everywhere, depending on the angle you're looking at it), and on top of that 6 coats of clear for a deep shine.

Besides the color scheme almost everything changed... here's a list what was done to it:
- New custom hood with badlook and tri-slots
- Pakfeifer front bumper was cleaned (bottom holes and license plate room gone)
- Custom sideskirts (fitted seemless m-sports skyline r33 skirts)
- New custom rear bumper (fitted & cleaned honda accord 90-93 bumper)
- Removed the rear spoiler
- Shaved rear trunk again
- Cleaned the lines in the sides above where the mouldings where
- Seemless taillights
- New single exhaust
- New side mirrors
- Shaved antenna
- Ghosted Pivari-logo's at the bottom of the c-pillar
- Engine bay in color
- Some engine parts in color
- And a whole bunch more details...

Anyway... the pics:

And some pics from the Racing Expo last weekend:

Hope you like it, I cetainly do :p

·
Registered
204 Posts
to be honest i dont really like it but to each is his own.
It just looks to much too boxie and riced up for my taste but im sure it looks...alright in person.
however i can appreciat the work that you put in and congratulate you on your efforts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Shoulda painted it cardboard brown with shipping lable and packing tape grapthics. Why would u make ur car look even more boxy. Horrable waste of time and money. Not well invested in my oppinion. Nice work could have gone into somthing much hotter. Sorry for your loss.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
imo i'm glad that you're passionate about your car, being different is what your car is and it speaks about you, so good job on the work and hope you win. i think haters will hate cause they're not passionate of what they like/want and will always talk head. it's your money and your car, i'm glad you're happy thats all that there's to care about. karma to u my friend.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@thefirstlastday: indeed, each to his own, but thanks anyway for the compliment

Shoulda painted it cardboard brown with shipping lable and packing tape grapthics. Why would u make ur car look even more boxy. Horrable waste of time and money. Not well invested in my oppinion. Nice work could have gone into somthing much hotter. Sorry for your loss.
Eh you might drive a 2g but have you ever SEEN a 1g? :confused: it just is a pretty boxy car to begin with, but that's why I like it so much. Plus I love that URAS-look so the bodykit was inspired by that.

imo i'm glad that you're passionate about your car, being different is what your car is and it speaks about you, so good job on the work and hope you win. i think haters will hate cause they're not passionate of what they like/want and will always talk head. it's your money and your car, i'm glad you're happy thats all that there's to care about. karma to u my friend.
thanks man ;) appreciate it

Awesome..
Do you still have the old rear bumper? If you do, i'd love to help you get rid of it!
Thanks, and yes I still have it... it is for sale as a matter of fact, but I don't know how much shipping from the netherlands to denmark would be since it would be a pretty big package...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, i really don't think it's gonna be that expensive.
I thought about bying the Pakfeifer one, but IMO it's just ugly.
PM me a price and let's see..

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hey, your car is carburated?!:eek: How does that work? Either way, your car is still pretty pimpin'!!:cool: Dare to be different!:tup:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@bigdane: you've got PM

@mrmoose: thanks ;) and yes it's carburated... it's a stock 2.0 12v

Do you have the othe hood still ? if so how much ?
I sold the hood for 150 euro's but the guy I sold it to has it for sale again since he no longer has his car. If you want I can give you his contact info but shipping such a large and heavy hood to the U.S. would be pretty costly I think.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Can't say I'm a fan of the design, but the outstanding craftsmanship is undeniable. One thinkg I really like is the extra mile yuou took to level the mirrors, I've seen many just screw the mirrors on, leaving them pointing in the skies. Quality work on the door too. Making it that smooth takes lots and lots of work and skill.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I actually like the hood and front bumper pretty well, I think they fit the car for the most part. The only thing I don't really like is the rear end. It is very clean and well done, but those round lights just look weird to me, especially against the more boxy shape of the trunk and bumper. But! It looks really great and is def a head turner.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I thought so, but I wasn't really sure. You did a good job on your car. I'm in the process of installing some R34 taillights on my 91 mx6 gt. It's a task that most people say is only for a body shop, but I have an degree in auto colis. tech., so the molding and glass is hand in hand. Thanx for the info.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
car looked good at time attack at Zandvoort circuit.
too bad we didnt meet.

perhaps we might meet again if a meeting is set and ill be notified.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
ill buy your hood:)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I sold the old hood but it's for sale again... if you're serious I could get you the guys contact info. PM me...

Anyway, for the people who are interested here's some pics of the things that were done during the construction.

The skyline sideskirts were a bit too long....

Then the fitting and molding started (another detail, the front wheel arches originally fold inward, but mine were made square so they fit with the sideskirts nicer):

These skirts were a bit of trial and error, as the joint between the front fenders and the sideskirts were done over twice. Initially the fenders were wider at the bottom but then the doors couldn't open anymore, so it was solved like this:

Working on making the taillights seemless:

The 90-93 accord bumper originally:

The left exhaust hole was cleaned, as was the hole in the center, and the right exhaust hole was remade to fit the nex exhaust:

The bumper was a bit too wide still so it was sectioned:

Much better:

The points where the bumper meets the wheel arches and the curves of the wheel arches in the bumper were also modified:

The bodylines in the sides were cleaned and because the front and rear fenders were wider at the bottom now the doors were also bent outward a bit:

To support the front bumper a beam was constructed for it to rest on, aswell as to house the audio system cables and HID-lighting ballasts and wires to keep this out of the engine bay:

The license plate space and holes were cleaned on the front bumper:

The antenna was cleaned:

The hood was slotted and a badlook welded to the hood:

Under the hood before, everything was blue (the original color):

The tailgate was cleaned again and the spoiler holes were welded:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts