Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
NICE 6

Hey man.. nice MX-6.... the M-edition means that it comes "loaded" right.. leather.. sunroof.. 5-speed.... the works... I think.. correct me if I am wrong though.... do you plan on upgradeing anything on it.. like engine mods... body kit... rims... brakes... if so let us know and keep us up to date.... I hasve the little 4 right now with a few mods... if you want to see some pics let me know.. I have posted some here in the pic post.. just look for MX-R later man REALLY NICE RIDE :) ohh yeah.. I love the leather too.. that is sweet as hell......

·
Registered
446 Posts
M-edition had: "M" embroidered on the front seats, "M" embroidered on the floormats, "M-Edition" tagged on the rear, a sticker and all-red taillights (except for the white reverse light). I believe M-Edition replaced the LS for '96 only. In other words, there was no LS for '96, but an M-Edition instead.

·
Registered
56 Posts
thats messed cause i gotta 96 ls but does the m edition stand for that mystere cause i got a rare dark purple color like djarse's car

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yea I have an M as well. Once more I will tell what came in the package (this has been discussed a couple times before). The M's came in 96 as a option. You didnt have to buy it if you didnt want to, so you could just have a 96 LS. I read about that in a 96 consmer car book.
As for list of features. The first ones came in burgandy, with gold M-edition labels and all other insignias gold plated. The wheels where gold tinted as well. Inside was leather with M-edition stiched on the seat and floor. And basically optioned out. Six speaker stereo, Rear heated mirrors, ABS, and mine like most m-editions has a ATX. It also has a three disc in dash Alpine CD Changer that you couldnt get on regular LS's (By the way it was a piece of crap and jammed three times after I got it so I yanked it and put in a good aftermarket piece) There of coures is the all read tailights.
Later in the production run they would also make them in Black and white colors. I have only seen one black one so I think that is the rarest. You also get a nifty little box that says M-edition and has a key ring and badge. The first owner was thoughtful enough to give this to me. Thats about all I can remeber right now.
No performance upgrades just a trim package. Think of it like an Eddie Bower edition explorer. Just a name and trim level, and exclusivity.

·
Registered
548 Posts
How did you do that with the fogs? :eek:

How did you get your fogs to turn on without turning on the main headlights? I would love to to be able to do that.
And why did you get another security system when the car already comes with one?
By the way looking at those pics is killing me. My car has been in the shop for a week and a half and wont come back for another week. THANK STUPID PEOPLE WHO BACK INTO PARKED CARS!!!!! :mad:. Sorry, I just miss my car.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
hey silent, the foglight thread is:
http://www.mx6.com/board/showthread.php3?threadid=1308

let's not forget we got "gold" door sills. M-edition was supposed to be luxury, which most car makers equate as ATX, since only commonfolk drive MTX (?), but i have an MTX. :D ditto to the 3CD changer... it sucked. it worked for less than a year w/o jamming, but i complained enough and got a new one. the new one worked for about two years, then it started jamming too. (stumper, yours still working?) i bought my M-edition new from the dealer and i never got the box, key ring, and badge! i guess they kept it for themselves.

i have only seen one black M-edition also... maybe on this site. i don't remember. never seen the white. was it only made for '97?

as far as mods, i'm not a racer by any means, so i'll probably do appearance mods first: supra lights first, then the erebuni kit (44) (aka jorge's kit) ... of course, this means i'll be selling off my all-red taillights sometime in the next few months. then, once mx6 aftermarket products have been around a while (and there are more choices), i'll do the CAI and probably a turbo. this car's a keeper.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: How did you do that with the fogs? :eek:

silentfurymm said:
How did you get your fogs to turn on without turning on the main headlights? I would love to to be able to do that.
And why did you get another security system when the car already comes with one?
By the way looking at those pics is killing me. My car has been in the shop for a week and a half and wont come back for another week. THANK STUPID PEOPLE WHO BACK INTO PARKED CARS!!!!! :mad:. Sorry, I just miss my car.
I have the stock security system. I just added a blinking led to the dash

1 - 11 of 11 Posts