Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im kinda on a budget but i will manage to pay for this system.....or around this margin....well here it is

this is for my 1993 mx6 LS

Front Speakers:

Infinity Kappa 572.5cf 5x7 speakers (100 rms/300 watts peak)

Back Speakers:

INFINITY KAPPA 693.5i 6x9 3-WAY SPEAKERS (110 rms/330 watts peak)

Subs:

(2) Rockford Fosgate HX2 RFD2212 PUNCH Subs in sealed box (500 rms/1000 watts peak)

Amps:

(2)ROCKFORD FOSGATE 801X 800W 4Ch , (100 rms x 4 at 4 ohm, for the infinitys, ) and in bridge mode for the subs.......

or..... an 800a2 (older model, but still bangs) and a 800a4,,,,well i need tips on how to connect these things once i do get em....i will buy a little bit by a lil till i get to everything...tell me what you guys think of the set up i want on my 1993 mx6 LS....thanks

P.S.......i also need a good cap and a equalizer , but those are the small stuff :D

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I wuz thinkin maybe wit the punch amp (801x) have one of them run at a 4 ohm load to produce 100x4 channels, just about max out the 4 speakers....and then runnin the second 801x amp at a 2 ohm load for the subs to produce a 400x2, just bout 100 watts off the subs rms........also.....i may need a set of good tweeters to throw in..but i heard the wit infinity's top of the line speakers, a tweater is not really needed, since the sound quality of these speakers are awesome, and i dont wanna get a component system..i dunno, there's something bout drillin holes in my car that i dont like,,,,maybe if its a direct fit in the original tweaker, then maybe yes.....well i hope i get some good suggestions from u guys...thanks...

P.S....my bro owns an older model of the 800a2 fosgate amp and i heard that the older amps are better than the new pucn and power series...is this true...?????

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
IMHO I beleave the older ROckford is better than the newer. Have you looked into the New Hifonic amps? what about those jbl 600.1 ....? If you are on a budget then I cann't say this enough.... Ebay powersellers! but your audio stuff off of ebay and you'll be able to save alot of money which you can either put in your pocket our use it to get better stuff.. I recomend doing a search since this topic is covered every 10 days.

Jl audio (jlaudio.com) has wiring diag. on subs and systems. go under there amps and it will be listed on the left side of the screen.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
A couple things....

Using 6x9's instead of 5x7's in back is a lot of extra work for no noticable improvement in sound. Stick with the stock size, no need to spend the $$ on something that won't matter.

Instead of coax 5x7's in front, get seperates. Use cheaper speakers in back. The overall sound will be much better. FWIW, Ikesound has Kicker 5x7 seperates for under $100, and natching 5x7 coax fr the rear for just over $50.

The Rockford subs and amps are good, BUT - their quality has suffered a lot in the last few years. You can do far better for the money. Even if you go with their amps, get a monoblock for the bass or a 2 ch with 8 ohm (or dual 4 ohm coil) woofers - matching teh halves of the 4 channel is an unnecessary PITA. Once again I'll direct you to Ikesound (not my usual direction, but they have some great deals lately)....

They have the Kicker L7 15" available refurbished fr $199 (stupid cheap) and new for $247. That's a LOT of sub, and in a ported box almost too much. :D

The JBL 80.4 for $135 or so, and the 600.1 for $189.

You'd have an all Kicker/JBL system with more power than you'd likely ever use and INSANE bass, total investment about $700 shipped, plus wiring and box. Wow. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Licensing a name is not the same.... :E

JBL, Infinity, Nakamichi, Mark Levinson.... All those names have been seen on stck systems, though whether or not those companies actually built the equipment in question is another thing entirely.

Rockford Fosgate does in fact build many of the components for the Nissan vehicles with that option. Bose does in fact build most of the Bose systems you see (for better or worse). The MP3 Protege' has actual aftermarket Kenwood components.

I still recomend getting the cheapest factory system possible (if none at all isn't an option) and going all aftermarket if you want good sound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts