Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove all the way from Vancover, Canada to Medford, Oregon to attend the 1st annual Medford smackdown Probe/MX-6 meet. It was a great time and the track was awsome. Here's some of my photo's from the meet:

The track:

I'm next in line!

Entering a corner on my 1st practice run with Chris (blastmaster_c) riding along and giving me pointers. Doesn't look too bad for stock suspension eh?

Having fun in the esses.

Yours truely squinting into the sun with Trenton's helmet.

A partial group shot outside round table pizza just before the mall cop kicked us out.

Thanks everyone for a great meet and to my lovely photographer, Jess, for all the great pics!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Sweet-o!

:D Great pics! I'd love to do something like that, but the closest I get is driving home from Hendersonville, NC; seems everytime I get stuck behind a truck towing a boat or some such on US-25 and never get a chance to practice heel-and-toeing or clipping apexes :(

How'd ya do? And just out of curiosity, how'd that black Firebird (next to you in the 2nd pic from the top) do?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Well, I didn't really compete, so I have no results. The photo's of me are just from the practice session. After about 5 min of tearing up the track, my already worn tires were getting thrashed and my HLA's were ticking loudly, so I decided to call it quits before the timed races. I didn't want to risk anything with my car being over 700 miles from home. It sure was fun though. I got into (and out of) a short 4 wheel drift in the large sweeper on the bottom left of the track while attempting a heel toe shift from 3rd to 2nd. What a rush :D.

I don't think that black firebird did great - all I remember is it was very loud. The best performers that I saw were a 2000 corvette and a '93 RX-7. Dan Nauts won the STS class in his '93 MX-6 with his surpurb driving skills, edgeing out a fast Impreza.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts