Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I put in my key and turn it so the radio would work my backup light turns on or when I drive Its on everytime full time. Also, my door lights are on to even it is closed. It could be the same problem that it is causing . I did computer check in service they said my o2 sen. missed up I need new ones. That could not make my lights go on?? Any body knows what is cauing the problem email it to me or post a answer to my problem. Thank all of who take time to read this. MY car is mazda mx-6 Ls 1995 5 speed 2.5 lit. [email protected]

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
If you mean the reverse lights in the taillamps are on all the time, my guess is a bad reverse-lamp switch. If you look between the gearbox and the radiator, there's a sensor-like plug in the side of the gearbox with wires coming out of it; that's the reverse-lamp switch.

As for the interior lamps, try checking the adjustment of the dash illumination dimmer control. Make sure it's not in the "full on" position where the instrument cluster lamps are brightest and the interior lamps are on.

Finally, no, a bad O2 sensor (or any engine sensor for that matter) could cause the lamps to come on.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
check the switch that opens when your door shuts... its right by the latch catch...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts