Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Hi Rob,

Know the feeling hun.

One day I am going to get BaBaKa resprayed by a firm that resprayed a neighbour's red Porsche 944. It's 100% and looks better than the factory job.

I want my car to look new too.

Cost around £2500 to £3000.

Come on lottery win but it's all a dream at present....:(

Paula

I'd LIKE my car to be perfect. Give me time and LOTS of money:jump:

Rob

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi Nick,
Welcome to the Noble Green II club.
Well thank you very much! Shall we start our own Noble Green II Sub Club (tm)? :)

I definitely think it's worth paying top money for a great Mx6.
I paid £3900 for my one owner 'R' reg car in April 2005 from my local Mazda dealer with a 3 year RAC warranty.
Worth every penny.
I entirely agree. You're always going to have to pay over the odds for something special. I was wondering at the time whether I was being ripped off, but I know I wasn't now, despite the mileage :D

Like you I like my car's to be purrfect.
Absolutely, I spend far too much time cleaning her. I'm not sure whether cleaning her is an excuse for more mods, or the other way round! :)

See BaBaKa
Beautiful! In even better nick than mine!

Take care and congratulations on your awesome car.
Paula
Certainly will, thanks again

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Pics

And what do they look like mate? better or worse than my smoked?

Pics required please.
Of course they do, they're on my car! :D
To be honest, still undecided...I'll leave them for the moment, but when I get some new wheels (probably black or gun-metal) I'll probably change them to smoked.

Jeez, givusachance!!! Anyone would think I don't have to find a job as well...gah! :rolleyes:

:D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Oooh, pretty lights!

I keep turning my lights on in darkness to see what they look like. I have Zenon replacements and blue sidelights, they look pretty cool:cool:

Rob
Pics please! Thinking of doing that myself :)

Anyone have any advice/pics/recommendations/warnings re Xenons/HIDs/angel eye conversions too?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Purrrfection

I'd LIKE my car to be perfect. Give me time and LOTS of money:jump:

Rob
Wouldn't we all?!
Unfortunately at the moment I have lots of time but no money. And as soon as I get a job it'll be the other way round :rolleyes:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Full respray

One day I am going to get BaBaKa resprayed by a firm that resprayed a neighbour's red Porsche 944. It's 100% and looks better than the factory job.
Cost around £2500 to £3000.
£2.5-3k for a full respray?! Jeez, could do a hell of a lot of mods for that!
Have you thought about asking Steve? I'm sure he wouldn't charge that much...Steve?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Hi Nick,

Good idea re a Noble Green II Sub Club ....;)

When you think how much these cars were when new, then a few grand is nothing.

I am sure my neighbours think I am slightly strange at the number of times I clean my car but most of their cars are a disgrace compared to mine.

Thanks for the compliments on BaBaKa.

Over the last 4 years a lot of work has been done by me to keep her tip top.

All the underside and wheelarches have been waxoyled and I resprayed the Speedlines myself. I regularly crawl underneath and touch-in any chips although the undersealing under the paint is very good along the sills on our cars and there is no rust on mine along any of the edges.

The previous owner never had any serious accidents in her as all the inner panels are totally original but there has been some paintwork done to a pretty high standard. The car was kept for most of it's life in Lisbon, Portugal by it's Brit owner but knowing the state of some of the roads over there, I expect that stone chips were a problem. e.g The bonnet has been resprayed, some of the sides, but the front wings, roof and bootlid are original.

Have a great weekend and hope to meet you soon.

Paula

Well thank you very much! Shall we start our own Noble Green II Sub Club (tm)? :)

I entirely agree. You're always going to have to pay over the odds for something special. I was wondering at the time whether I was being ripped off, but I know I wasn't now, despite the mileage :D

Absolutely, I spend far too much time cleaning her. I'm not sure whether cleaning her is an excuse for more mods, or the other way round! :)

Beautiful! In even better nick than mine!

Certainly will, thanks again

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Hi again Nick,

I agree that it's a lot of dosh but certain windows are removed and anything else on the car that is necessary to take off in order to make a better job.

My neighbour's Porsche is Concours standard.

But BaBaKa is pretty good anyway so it may never happen.

Paula

£2.5-3k for a full respray?! Jeez, could do a hell of a lot of mods for that!
Have you thought about asking Steve? I'm sure he wouldn't charge that much...Steve?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Here, finally!

Clear indicator lenses:

Mazdaspeed stickers on rear windows:

Sorry for the delay peeps!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
nice work mate, I see you went down the clear route on the side repeaters rather than the smoked.

No pics of the wonky sunstrip??

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
(Not!) wonky sunstrip

Shhh! I was hoping no-one would notice! :)

What dya reckon folks?!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks bud!
Doing what I can on an extremely limited budget...

Yeah please do, definitely gonna change my headlamps at some point

21 - 40 of 47 Posts