Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just lost pressure in my brake system like there is air in the lines... well i bled the brakes and nothing.. i tired to find out if there was a hole or leak and couldn't find anything the fluid level has been the same since i have owned it. so i replaced the brake master cylinder and it seemed to be a little bit better but it half the time it still drops in pressure... :mad: i also checked the vacuum line from the brake booster to the throttle body and does not have any cracks or holes and does not seem to be dry rotted....:tup: the most notable issue is a spongy brake pedal... it seems to stop fine but not like it used to the pedal is in a different spot every time i stop and may not stay firm.... but i did bench bled the master cylinder good and also bled the brakes 2 times and about 8 to 12 times at each wheel both times...:confused:

any ideas of the next step or if this is a common issue with these cars... i would really appreciate the feedback :jump:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
leaking master cylinder probably. its bleeding internally, needs to be replaced

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
i've unfortunately had to replace replaced master cylinder from time to time. You get something like that and expect it to work and for the most part they do. Then you get that one pain in the ass car and come to find out..........its the part you already replaced.

I agree with -------^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts