Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it like that for all of you, or is it just my car (it could be because of accident but it was messed up before then)? I tryed several differnent bulbs but they still suck.. Its like my brights are like everyone elses dims, and my dims...there pointless...

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
ya, mine were like that on both my mx6's plus on one of my friends. they got even worse when i did a civic headlight conversion. lol

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Mine work much better now...since the clear headlights and silverstart bulbs, both dims and brights work very well IMO.

G

·
you guys have brights? im pretty sure my car only has ONE switch for lights and they arent very bright. unless im an idiot. Oh well i dont care i live in a place where theres street lights EVERYWHERE.

·
Registered
271 Posts
did you try pulling back on the stick that turns your headlights on most of the time that turns your brights on...unless you have some special car we dont know about

G

·
pullin back on it? never tried that... considering my car is sitting wrecked in the driveway i might not wanna waste the battery power to try it.. oh well ill take your word for it

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
i did a little experiment tonight, i drove around all night with my brights on, mostly in areas with no street lights. not ONE person flashed there lights at me, so i have come to the conclusion my brights=every one elses low beams. until i hopefully get silverstars for christmas in a few hours.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
well i got my silverstars installed, looks like my old lights were sylvania coulda been silverstars already, well i havent drove with them but i dont think its that big of an improvement.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yeah while one of my low beams was blown, I drove with my high beams for bout a month. I was following my g/f to her house the other night & she couldn't tell that I had on high beams, they weren't in her mirror or anything. But now that I have my lowbeams back, I don't think I'll use my highbeams anymore. I'd rather see the road rather than the trees surrounding the road. Can't wait to put on my fogs.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
cheerios165 said:
well i got my silverstars installed, looks like my old lights were sylvania coulda been silverstars already, well i havent drove with them but i dont think its that big of an improvement.

that's what I was thinking when I first got them with foggy headlights...but now I can see a huge difference between stock and silverstar. Has anyone noticed if people flash you with silverstars on brights?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Mavric03 said:
that's what I was thinking when I first got them with foggy headlights...but now I can see a huge difference between stock and silverstar. Has anyone noticed if people flash you with silverstars on brights?
well tonight driving with silverstar brights on i got no flashes again. they look a TINY bit brighter. looking at my headlights they dont look to foggy but today i bought some Maguiars Clear plastic detailer # 18 which supposedly is "a fast way to safely remove surface residue and enhance optic clarity". ill put that on tomorrow and see if it helps

·
Registered
295 Posts
i would do two things, get some imitation bulbs off ebay, just search for 9004. they look just as good as PIAA's and are just as bright, plus at like a third of the cost. i could neve pay aruond 100 bucks just for bulbs.

i would also clean the covers of youir headlights. first i used blue magic to clean them off, but they still looked kinda yellow so i took the plastic cover off and soaked them in some cleanign solution. my lights are not only brighter but look alot better cause they are clearer and match the turn signals better

·
Registered
502 Posts
A bit off topic but here goes -

Just replaced headlamp bulbs with SilverStars (thanks for the rocommendation, Mavric) but now I want to replace the fog lamp bulbs with SilverStars as well.

Does the bulb housing for the foglamps work the same way as the headlamps (ie twist and pull out the back) or do you have to try to take out the infamous three (usually rusted) screws on the foglamp casing to get to the bulbs?

All advice appreciated as always.

Eric

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So do they make fogs for our cars then? Mine look kinda....yellowishly

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yeah they do - look on the Sylvania site.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
im pretty sure its H3ST but don't quote me on that, actually i think it said H3 but for better performance use H3ST......someone double check that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts