Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Just bought a used 1994 Mazda Mx6 today. It came with no owners manual so I am sorta lost on what to do here. The car has a security alarm on it and it went off. I have no idea how it went off or even HOW to turn it off.....

If anyone has an explanation on how to turn it off and how to work it PLEASE reply...

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dude.. ditto. i got my car sunday night, and i accidently set off the lo jack alarm. I need to find out how to turn it off as well. i tried starting the car and everything.

·
Registered
551 Posts
heh. i went up to new york on wednesday to test drive/buy my first six, and before i had even paid for it i set the alarm off... all i had to do to make it stop was to lock and unlock the driver's door with the key. try that, i guess?

·
Registered
551 Posts
wow... i hope the 93 doesn't have a remote... because i sure as hell don't.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't know cause the battery in my remote died the day after i got my car, and i tried using the key on everything, but it seems to me that nuthing can turn the alarm off but the remote, i hope i don't lose mine lol

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
just put ur key in the driver door lock and turn it to the left(make sure its locked first), i did that b4 too, took me 5 mins to figure it out(mine is 93) if you have a remote then ya its pretty simple,but 93 has no remote that i am aware of.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The stock alarm on the 93 MX6 (not sure if that's the only year or not) has no remote. You shut the alarm off by locking and unlocking the drivers or passenger side door. The lock assembly in the drivers door wears out and eventually fails, so if your alarm isnt shutting off when you do that, then replace the drivers door lock assembly or just unlock your car from the passenger side door. If that's too much work... disable the factory alarm (how I dont know... I'm looking that up right now)

·
Registered
551 Posts
wow, that seems to have already happened to mine... i've got 2 entirely different keys. one for my driver's door, one for everything else. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have a 93 MX-6 and i have a remote. I think i have 2 actually. I just bought mine a few months ago and he had like 5 spare sets of keys. Im pretty sure its not aftermarket but i may be wrong :shrug:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts