Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all 800 miles, the marks is low. no smoke, all going right.
I use synthetic oil.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
chrilerr said:
all 800 miles, the marks is low. no smoke, all going right.
I use synthetic oil.
It depends. How you hard you drive the car, under what conditions, how many miles are on it, its state of tune, whether or not there are any leaks etc will all determine how much oil an engine will use.

In general, I'd consider a quart in 800 miles a bit on the excessive side. But without knowing some of the factors above, it's hard to say how serious it is for your car.

V6 or 4?

·
Registered
579 Posts
hey man, i had that problem just recently, hasn't been long enough to know if what i did fixed it or not, but i saw an oil coming from the oil cap, and there wasn't a rubber seal. so i replaced the rubber seal. oil had leaked from there all the way to the bottom of the car where it collected with dirt on some sort of tray.. anyway, so far so good... check it out..

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike, I post a message one month ago about stall problem. You said it was the distributor. I changed my distributor and now it's all right. thanks for your help.

My mx-6 is V6 1993, 51000 miles. I use oil 5-40. I make 206 miles a week with 70 % on highway.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a 93 ls. with 97,000 on it and i burn about 1/8 of a quart every 3,000 so a quart every 800 sounds like to much. i would say to make sure that there isnt oil leeking from the valve covers or possibly from the front of the oil pan gasket.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey chrilerr were do you find 5w-40 i have been looking all over and that is what is suggested for the car but i cannot seem to locate any at parts stores.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts