Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, My name is Brandon and I own a 1990 Mazda Mx6 2.2 L turbo.

As of today I changed the oil, and soon after I change dit, I started the car up. I ran fine for about 2 minutes, then starting dropping RPM's. till finally it died, So now when i start my car and let it idle, it drops RPM's and bogs, and finally kills.

It has never done this. it has always ran great and smooth at around 900 RPM's.

I was thinking maybe it could be a fuel pump?
But I actually found a loose vacum hose and is plugged into nothing and is sucking a lot of air.

Suggestions please?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
trace that vacuum line and let us know where it goes. check and recheck all of your intake and intercooler hoses, tb boot, turbo inlet/outlet hoses, etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just dont get it, its a loose vacum hose for sure, at it come out of the back of my manifold. but dunno where it goes.

and now I jus started the car again and it run for like 3 min this time then went down to 700rpm's so I shut it off.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Mazda Turbo said:
I just dont get it, its a loose vacum hose for sure, at it come out of the back of my manifold. but dunno where it goes.

and now I jus started the car again and it run for like 3 min this time then went down to 700rpm's so I shut it off.
700 rpms is a normal idle....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aight figured out what is was, Throttle posistion sensor wire is broken, Idle control arm is out, and EGR valve is bad.:damnmad:

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
i surprised you weren't throwing any codes with those issues. you might want to check your ECU and your CEL light in your dash. :tup:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Mazda Turbo said:
Aight figured out what is was, Throttle posistion sensor wire is broken, Idle control arm is out, and EGR valve is bad.:damnmad:
yup, same shit happened to mine, i had to redline the rpm's to clear whatever was clogged, found out it was the egr valve, nuthing a good cleaning can't take care of though. good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts