Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was putting in the coilover on the front passengers side and when I was finished I went to go move my car ahead and when I started letting the clutch out it started making a weird noise and the car wasn't moving anywhere. I pushed the car a bit and nothing changed. Does anyone know the solution to my problem because my car drove fine before I put the coilover in and it never did this when I installed the driver's side coilover. Thanking in advance to anyone who can help!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah nothing is wrong with the brake stuff cause I can roll the car just fine. Do you think there is a joint in the wheel that the axle could have came out of? Because when I engage the clutch I hear a weird noise coming from passenger side front wheel. I mean I can push the car and it rolls fine it's just that something doesn't seem connected right when I let the clutch out. thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I found out my problem today. My damn drive axle came out of the spline in the wheel and it's near impossible to get it back in. Good news is I don't have to do any more work on my car bad news is I gotta pay someone else to do it. Let this be a lesson to anyone installing coilovers! Take caution when u have the shock assembly out because if you move things too much you could be having the exact same problem I am!

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
andrewstcyr said:
Well I found out my problem today. My damn drive axle came out of the spline in the wheel and it's near impossible to get it back in. Good news is I don't have to do any more work on my car bad news is I gotta pay someone else to do it. Let this be a lesson to anyone installing coilovers! Take caution when u have the shock assembly out because if you move things too much you could be having the exact same problem I am!
The Haynes manual explicitly mentions the need to prevent pulling the driveshaft too far. If you do, you can usually push it right back in. Trying to move the car, and rotating the key bits, would make it much harder.

-Garrett

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I got one of those haynes manuals but if it doesn't have enough pictures I tend to be reluctant to reading the words. I'm paying for it now but I'm just gunna leave my work to a mechanic from here on cause I need to get my car certified anyways to get my plates so I can get driving the thing on the road. I so wish I would have known that before yesterday but what can you do but learn from your mistakes. Man have I learned a lot of lessons "haha".

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
i had an axle pop out at a stop light a couple months ago. after pushing the car to a parking lot and jacking it up its easy to put the axle back in. just push the cv joint into the transmision while spinning the tire slowly ull feel it when the splines line up, then just move the tire back and forth while pushing the cv joint into the trans untill the axle is back in. after that i never had a problem with it again. i guess my mechanic didnt put it all the way back in when he did my timing belt :rolleyes:

ive got an atx but i dont think it could be that much different for an mtx, idk maybe it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts