Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is winter and raining where I am from, and my '89 Mx-6 Turbo is showing a few leaks.

Firstly, my sunroof leaks. I am almost 100% sure it is the rear drains that are blocked, because I don't cop a shower if I park facing down a hill when it rains, but I get pretty wet if I have been parked facing uphill. My question is - does anybody know where the drains finish up? (somewhere in the wheel arches? or vent between rear window and side/rear window?). I figure I can blow what ever is stuck from that point, which is a lot easier than taking the interior roof down.

Secondly, in the boot of my car, there are small pools of water in each side storage compartment and in the floor of the spare tyre. Does anyone know where this is coming from and how to fix it? I am kind of thinking, the water must be entering through the brake-light seals or something - any ideas.

Thanks people!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
There have been some posts on the leaking sunroof and flushing the drains, so I'd do a search for that one.

Same as the leaking boot (you from England?:)), but I believe the best way to cure that is some silicone around the tail lights. I've got the same problem, but in sunny Texas it's not too big a problem. I just keep a towel to soak it up and wring it out after we get a big storm.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
As for the boot (or as we say, "trunk" in the US) that's leaking, it's probably through the taillight seals. You can get replacement ones at the Mazda dealer (this is what I did) and then install the new seals along with sealant where the taillight meets the trunk, and that should fix it. Lots of posts on this subject... just do a search.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
This is probably unrelated, but anyway. About the leaking boot, I have a TX5, which is like a 626 with the hatch and i have found that water also puddles in these side spots from a drain in gap between the hatch and the other part of the car. In these cars there is a tube which drains this water to the wheel arches, and can leak here. I dunno if this is of any use, but i was wondering if there was a similar setup in the mx6.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts