Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thats sad, a little bodyshop therapy should bring her back up to par.

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got into a little accident coming home from work halloween evening (as you can see).

Mazda has already told me the frame is damaged enough I'll have to do a chassis swap if I want to continue driving this engine. It was evident when I pulled the panels off that the chassis was indeed splintered but the engine is just dandy so I'm looking to swap it into a 626 or 6 if I can find a good deal on one.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Damn its worst than I thought.Good luck in the swap.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
That looks like my LX did when I crashed. Only thing was, it messed up the fender and hood too. I remember one day i was driving it after I crashed and the front bumper fell off and I ran it over and it got stuck underneath the car. I had to pull over to the side of the road and with one of my friends help, I managed to get it out from under the car and stuck it in the back. lol

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
kinda looks like shes smiling
;) could that tell you somethin about how haad you drive her;) jsut kidding

jsut as ur mommy once told you
shes off to a beter place
where all the cars have as much... gas as they want

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it would be an easy fix if the frame was repairable. I've already been told they could cut it and weld it back together will a donor but that price is more than another chassis will cost me.

·
Premium Member
4,973 Posts
I had a similar crash. I was told that they would have to take part of the frame, from the firewall to the bumper (basically eveything underneath the fender) to fix my damage. I found a shop that would pull it out and put in a new radiator frame that I bought for $50. $700 in bodywork afterwards and BAM. It looks decent again.

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah that crash does look real similar to the damage I have. I suppose I'll continue to pull parts until I'm down to the radiator support and have a better look at the frame. Two shops have told me they wouldnt be able to do anything besides cut it and re-weld but maybe the 3rd time will be the charm. It sure would be easier than swapping engines wouldnt it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.