Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thats sad, a little bodyshop therapy should bring her back up to par.

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got into a little accident coming home from work halloween evening (as you can see).

Mazda has already told me the frame is damaged enough I'll have to do a chassis swap if I want to continue driving this engine. It was evident when I pulled the panels off that the chassis was indeed splintered but the engine is just dandy so I'm looking to swap it into a 626 or 6 if I can find a good deal on one.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Damn its worst than I thought.Good luck in the swap.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
OMG!!!!!!!!!

Im sure that your fixing it yourself.

If you wernt then thats totaled

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
That looks like my LX did when I crashed. Only thing was, it messed up the fender and hood too. I remember one day i was driving it after I crashed and the front bumper fell off and I ran it over and it got stuck underneath the car. I had to pull over to the side of the road and with one of my friends help, I managed to get it out from under the car and stuck it in the back. lol

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
kinda looks like shes smiling
;) could that tell you somethin about how haad you drive her;) jsut kidding

jsut as ur mommy once told you
shes off to a beter place
where all the cars have as much... gas as they want

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
Another one bites this dust. This is really sad, guys. Every week someone is on here saying how they wrecked their car. Keep this up and there won't be any left on the road! Take it easy out there!

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it would be an easy fix if the frame was repairable. I've already been told they could cut it and weld it back together will a donor but that price is more than another chassis will cost me.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Looks kind of like a goofy grin to me, like she just ain't quite right in the head. :) Good luck with it all...

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
I had a similar crash. I was told that they would have to take part of the frame, from the firewall to the bumper (basically eveything underneath the fender) to fix my damage. I found a shop that would pull it out and put in a new radiator frame that I bought for $50. $700 in bodywork afterwards and BAM. It looks decent again.

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah that crash does look real similar to the damage I have. I suppose I'll continue to pull parts until I'm down to the radiator support and have a better look at the frame. Two shops have told me they wouldnt be able to do anything besides cut it and re-weld but maybe the 3rd time will be the charm. It sure would be easier than swapping engines wouldnt it?

G

·
Dyoel: I have headlights, front bumper, grill, and hood if you choose to fix this one.

Fenders are sale pending.

Look in sig.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts