Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been trying to get the car to idle lower and consume less gas all around.... so i decided to pull the AFPR off the CZT probe an use it on the MX6.
The Idle was fixed by me finally also feeling it was time to just kill the EGR Boost Sensor all together. So thats gone, the Coolant lines for the IAC are now connected and the AFPR is set at 40 Currently and I def do not smell a ton of gas anymore. (I have not gone to pull codes and see what new horrors await me..)

Anyway when I took the car out for her first trip to see how she felt (Not sure on that yet either... I will play around with different pressure levels and see how she does, I can not say there was a gain or loss either way yet.) I saw something on the trip back that made me laugh:

King I thought of you and thought I had to share it. I never knew your street was just one up from me... and I have lived here over a year lol.

Here is the Exhaust Video, not to bad it idles just right and sounds pretty good for the Mike Seli 214/209's that are in it.

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
I'm not a fan of loping idles, but when you revved, that sounded sweet bro! What's your exhaust setup?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now Shorties until I finish the long tubes, A Resonator and a Magnaflow Cat Back. All 2.5".

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I just lowered it to 36PSI and either its just me.... or it sounds meaner lol. I did not see any smoke either but with how little it is I might have to use the camera... its getting dark so I may have to wait till tomorrow to show a new video....

And I will take it down for you *Shrugs* does not bother me. :p

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well one member told me he drops to 30PSI when he is mad.... so I was not going to go below 35. I think the stock at idle was 39PSI so its only a small drop but trust me my plugs and I are already good friends but its about to get better lol.

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
My car sounded 'meaner' when my timing was a couple degrees off, but when it was adjusted to 10 degrees btdc, it softened up the sound some. Maybe sounding meaner isn't so good?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
She is def not rich anymore but I am going to turn the fuel up a little more. The plugs look normal right now but she does feel like she might be hesitating. Not sure how the owner on PT drops to 30 PSI but I think I am going to go up a little and see how she does.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Love that idle and the exhaust sounds yummy. Give us a vid or two of a drive-away and a drive by :)

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had planned on doing that today but I am sitting here awaiting my motor to be delivered from the machine shop thats been making promises and not getting a lot done these past 3 months so I can finish it. He was supposed to be here at 11am and as usual nothing but BS still.

Anyway I bumped it to just below 38PSI on the Manual Gauge and she runs great, I really like it now. I will do another exhaust clip here now and try to clean her up and do a drive away & By video shortly.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I wish I had been back alittle further and the condensation was not helping see about the smoke color... I am still undecided. Its not enough to see it if you rev the car from under the hood or in it but its def doing something... I'm not sure if its just because its cold and I really have not driven anywhere today or what.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
blue = oil
gray = gas
white & sweet smell = coolant. (Def not)

Oil and coolant still fine, I tried to get a better video but no luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts