Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Clutch DIED when i was leaving for school today!!!!
I'm going down to the local performance shop to have a ACT stage 2 clutch put in does anyone have it? i'm paying $715 for the clutch and install is that bad? give me some info?

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
hmm

in american dollars, that sounds like alot to me.. Im gonna order the clutch masters from rr-racing.com for 227.00USD and get it installed for about 350CAD. Does that include the machining of the flywheel? if so then I would say its not bad... Then again me not really knowing jack shit about cars.. I could be completly assbackwards about this entire post... Dont ask why I bothered then... good luck!!

:smokin:

Cheers

·
Registered
283 Posts
It's a tad pricey but not unreasonable. $300 for the clutch, pressure plate, and TO bearing. $400 for the labors sounds about right. If you have the extra cash, get the aluminum flywheel installed as well ($300).

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
i said ouch when i saw that price

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i just found the same clutch on line for $280 and they said they would match that, so that bring me down in price a little bit!

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
what kind of warranty comes with that?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just make sure that the stuffs actually get bolt-on to your car. You never know now a day. There is a chance that your clutch engagement point will be an issue soon after the install. I guess the best part is that you can take it back to those guys and have them adjust it for free. However, you or they have to modify the slave cylinder if that doesn't work. **** luck!!!

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
ummm you can bleed the clutch line...its really not that hard...

·
Registered
283 Posts
umm... you don't have an ACT clutch do you? You can bleed it till you're blue in the face, flush & change out the brake fluid, replace the master & slave cylinder and still wind up with the same problem. Given that not all ACT clutch owner will have this problem but it's out there more often than not.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
oh..that sux...

no, actually i have a kevlar clutch

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK i now i'm worried that i'm going to have problems with it. Does EVERYONE that has an mx-6 with that clutch have this problem? PLEase help i'm going to buy a clutch TODAY!

·
Registered
202 Posts
clutch

engagement point is usually a problem with the act. it engages almost on the floor a lot of times. however, there is a remedy. you can lengthen the rod on the slave cylinder by about a quarter inch, and that supposedly takes care of the problem.

vitek, clutchmasters and valley friction are other options.

·
Registered
414 Posts
how do you know when your clutch dies out?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts