Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys my a/c doesnt get cold at all.. i dont know if it is the compressor directly cause when i press the a/c button the rmps rise as if it is trying to work. or could it just be a bad clutch?

help me out:(

·
Registered
666 Posts
I hate to be the one to state the obvious, but, it sounds to me like you need to recharge the system with refrigerant. It's expensive, but, nowhere near as expensive as a new compressor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a/c problems

will it be possible to convert with 134? but i take it that the system has to flushed first right?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im not exactly shure, but I dont think flushing is enough.. If i remember correctly everything (maby even the compressor) has to be replaced with new ones that the freeon has never touched. Like I said I may be wrong but I remember my parents ford had the complete AC replaced and when they put freeon back in it they couldent go to the new stuph like they had wanted and they fliped out on the place that did the AC work

·
Registered
666 Posts
Nah, you don't have to replace all that stuff, I've done the conversion, as have lots of other people. One thing though, is where is the freon that was already in your system? If it's leaking out, you'll have to get a new part so the new freon won't leak out too. Might have to get that checked by an A/C place. Also, if you get caught letting out the old freon, assuming there's any left, that's a HUGE fine and mandatory jail time. So, if you're gonna do it yourself, don't get caught.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts