Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I painted the covers and the intake manifold when I changed the head cover gaskets. A most welcome side affect..
The intake has a clear lacquer on it..I just cleaned it up with a scouring pad and 'viola' a shiny manifold.
All the paints are heat resistant and all up cost ~$60

What ya recon??
PK:cool:

·
Registered
139 Posts
that looks beeeautiful..
i want the same effect on my six except with red instead of blue. How did your paint cost $60? What paint did you use? I purchased plasti-cote red hi-temp engine paint for $5.00 at a car store near my house. I want that same glossy effect that you seem to have. Any suggestions?
A scouring pad..Is that a brillo pad (steel wire pad)?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Howdy partner
O.K. that’s $60 Australian probably 60cents U.S.
Ah the paint is an Ozzy made one its called HOLTS DUPLI.COLOR Heat Proof Paint, They make a range of colours as well as clear. But is probably comparable to your one.
Brillo pad, steel wire pad; that'll do the trick!!
Mate when you have the intake of the engine {if you are going to } make sure you clean out the manifold, I used an old bottle brush, a bit if carbie cleaner and a mild solvent, it was filthy. The difference to the power was amazing. I'd also think about changing the cover gaskets, They all start to leek at ~180,000km{I don’t know how many your 6 has done}
Any way good luck!!

PK

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know it seems a bit silly putting 2 pics of the same thing up, but the gloss on the manifold looks better in the close up.

BTW: After the paint dried I just scratched it of the MAZDA logo with a "Brillo pad" and painted the clear gloss on to keep it shiny.
PK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts