Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a weird problem--my hood emblem fell off today when I shut the hood. I actually like it a little better with the emblem off, so I decided to leave it as is. The only problem is that the emblem was glued on (is this normal?) and some of the glue is left on the paint. I'm not sure how to get this off as it seems to be some kind of epoxy. I tried using "Goo-Gone" citrus cleaner, but it didn't do anything, and I don't know what else to use (that won't damage the paint). If anyone has any ideas about how to get the glue off, please let me know. It might also be worth mentioning that there is a small spiderweb crack in the paint that was underneath the emblem. That reminds me--is there a way to prevent the spread of this crack or reduce its appearance?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
GOOF OFF. it works great and wont hurt your paint. its also the only substance that i know of that removes the vin stickers (you know when you try to peel off the vin sticker and it says "void void void void") not that i have ever done that or anything:rolleyes: but my friends babymommas cousins uncle...never mind. i dont have vins on my doors because they painted over them...yeah thats it;)

·
Registered
257 Posts
AS FAR AS THE CRACKS GO, GET A WHOLE BUNCH OF MEGUIARS STUFF. INCLUDING COMPOUND, AND THEIR 3 STEP DEEP CRYSTAL SYSTEM. THAT 3 STEP STUFF IS A DEEP CLEANSER, POLISH, AND WAX(GET THE SOLID, NOT THE LIQUID). AND IT GOT RID OF ALL MY SWIRL MARKS AND SMALL BLEMISHES. IT SHOULD WORK FOR YOUR CRACKS TOO. IF NOT THE COMPOUND WILL. MAKE SURE TO BUFF WELL.
JUST CURIOUS THO, WHAT ABOUT THE HOLES? I HAD MY HOOD SHAVED AND REPAINTED WHEN I PUT MY NOSE ON. I SEEM TO REMEMBER THERE BEIN HOLES WHERE THE EMBLEM WAS. I HAD THE TRUNK SHAVED TOO. THERE WAS DEFINITELY HOLES BACK THERE. IF YOU DONT WANNA REPAINT(OR IN CASE BUDGET WONT ALLOW) JUST PICK UP THE JAP MAZDASPEED EMBLEMS FROM CORKSPORT.
GOOD LUCK!
L8R

1 - 3 of 3 Posts