Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has 70K easy miles on it and I run M1 5w-30. My engine had the regular tick to it, but it wasnt horrible.
Today I had my timing belt/water pump/tensioners & bearings replaced, along with the other belts. AMAZING DIFFERENCE IN NOISE. If you are due, look into it.
I also am about to begin an internal cleaning using AutoRX. I will try to document the before and after with noise descriptions, fuel efficiency results, performance changes if any, and maybe photos of stuff if I get motivated to cut open my filter or look down into my valve cover. :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Pull the cover

Pull the valve covers and get some 2+2 in there, blast the hell out of everywhere, then well coat with oil. That is if you want to go that far, you must replace the VCG's if yuou go such route.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did an oil and filter change today, and added 8oz of AutoRX. This stuff is a little pricey, and is kept in the oil for 1000 to 1500 miles, slowly but systematically liquefying sludge and varnish and depositing it in the fresh oil filter. The filter gets changed at 750 miles and then at the end of the 1500 miles, a complete oil and filter change is repeated. Now it runs dino oil for 2000 miles to flush out any residue leftover.
I want to tell you that after only 50 miles, the little noise that was not taken care of when the timing belt and water pump was replaced is HISTORY. NO HLA tick at all. Either the AutoRX IS all it says, or my car runs better on 5w30 dino oil than it does on Mobil1 5w30. :jump:
Do yourself a favor and checkout www.autorx.com for engines, and www.autorx.net for trannys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts