Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sweet!!!!!!!!! is that a sticker that you layed over? Either way it looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pyro
89 LX

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Yep, that is a sticker. I got it at http://www.summitracing.com . I have been trying to think of other things to do, but I don't want it to look like a sticker. It is pretty hard to get it to look good, that was the only place that I could get it to go without looking like crap. I'll try again when it gets warm.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Looks good. But now I can't decide whether a brushed metal look or carbon look is better. Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
405 Posts
looks great. be careful though, my friend put some of it on and it started peeling off in like a month. he ended up taking it off.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problems here

I've had this stuff on since July of '99, no peeling at all. Here in KS we get 100 degree summers, and -20 degree winters, so it has seen it all!

·
Registered
235 Posts
With all this carbon fiber bulk buying of hoods and everything, why can't those people who know the people that do this stuff make a carbon fiber interior kit? I sure as hell would be on the list!!!!!!!!

Pyro
89 LX

·
Registered
41 Posts
hey wayman, that looks pretty sweet! well, progress on mine has been pretty slow, i've been busy with school but today i decided that i had to do something so i managed to get the ashtray front and the little compartment below the stock radio done. gonna work on the trim around the instrument cluster/air vents this weekend and hopefully get started on the center console too. but i took your advice and you'ree right, trying to get an exact template is [email protected]#ch! for the ashtray i cut out the piece as close to the shape as possible but i had a little overhang which i either trimmed off or smoothed around the edges. will post pics once i'm done....anyone know how to post them? :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
oh by the way, did you have to remove the center console from the dash to get it done or did you just leave it on? thanks!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I removed the console and tried a template first, but that didn't work so I covered the whole thing and trimmed it down. To post pictures you need to make a website or go somewhere where they can host your picturs like photopoint. Then you upload your pictures and go view them, get the proporties and use the img code around the address and they will show up! Good luck I hope that explained it. I just recently figured out how to post pictures, so somebody else on here might be able to give you some better advice:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
thanks again! will try to get them uploaded as soon as i'm done!

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
That looks nice bro! Really well done.

BTW, you need to vacuum your floor really bad ! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Help

I tried to locate the sticker and couldn't.I would like to do the same to my 6,it'll match my carbon fiber shift knob.

Any help is greatly appreciated,thanks-tap826

·
Registered
41 Posts
tap826, try this link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=562475839. they didn't say how much trim they provide for that price so you might have to email them but a conservative estimate is 3 square feet (by 1 feet) to do your instrument cluster (including around the air vents), center console and maybe even parts of your door (handle, etc) i just finished the center console yesterday and it looks sweet. i'm still deciding if i should do the trim around the instrument panel. will post pics soon! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.