Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me know what you guys think of this my decision on suspension setup! ...too bad couldn't post in performance as well..

Kosei K1 Racing rims / Anthracite 16 x 7.5 ($159/ea)
Bridgestone Re730's 205/50/16 ($91/ea)
Eibach pro-kit lowering springs (have them now)
Tokico Blue struts (non-adj) (less than Illumina's)
Powerstop cross-drilled rotors (to show behind those thin 6 spokes) ($42/ea? have them now)

concerns: I like the rims (see them at tirerack.com), but don't want more than 16" due to many potholes and stuff in NJ/NYC area, plus to save some rideability. re730s got plenty of praise at tirerack,hope they're all they're cracked up to be. hoping to get a good deal on rims/tires with importhookup.com's superbuy that's in the works.

I will try and post pics when i get it all bought and installed. thanks guys, couldn't have made a decision without all the info here.
questions? suggestions?

henry

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you are getting 7.5" rims, why not get wider tires? Like 215, or 225? I currently have 225s wrapped on my 7" rims. The wider the tires, the better they look, at least in my opinion..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tire width and jorge's hourly rate

hmm,wider? I don't want any big rollover of the sidewall and i was just keeping stock diameter and width to make sure I don't rub anywhere with the 1.3/1.5" drop. I'm open to all opinions. Wider means better traction,lower gas mileage...anyone know which width performs best on 7.5" rims?

jorge, i was going to swing by the place you suggested in North Bergen but if you'd like to tackle it, give me a price! Would love to be able to help put them in and take before/after pix, etc. Let me know here or at [email protected] This way you could show off your work at the next meet!

hr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts